PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Buying reduced items/discount items in 2018

Options

Comments

• t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    popped into morrisons and picked up 6 pots of chilli and garlic coated broad beans were £2 each, down to 5p each! also got some 9p daffs! xx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    9p daft are a wonderful treat :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,297 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    From the Co-op;

Strawberry and Banana smoothie Was £1.19 Now 30p Saving 89p

Pickled Beetroot 150g Was 99p Now 25p Saving 74p
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• t14cy_t
    Options
    got 3 choc and vanilla cheesecakes from co op yesterday, were £2.63 each, paid 50p each!!
  • t14cy_t
    Options
    tescos were selling cheeses cut from the deli section this morning at 75% off the normal price. needless to say we are now cheesed out in the freezer!! xx
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today bought a slightly sad (just needs tlc!) drumstick primula from Morrison's for the princely sum of 7 pence. Can't see what the full price was... certainly over £1. Must make sure the slugs / snails don't see it as a treat for them!!
    They had a problem in stores today all across the country as they couldn't print labels for bakery and deli. All bakery goods (baked on premises) were reduced by 10%. Might not be solved overnight?
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I did the yellow sticker dash last night, haven't been for ages. All kinds of goodies found, mainly fruit and veg, some bread, and donuts. Total £7.46. This was at 7pm when they had the third sticker on, at 75% off.

Chatted to the lady on the checkout, she said whatever is left at 10pm shift change time the staff can buy it for 1p per item. I was pleased to hear that Tesco have a policy of not throwing food away. She assured me that they do donate to charity, this is collected on a nightly basis.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,907 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've pretty much given up on the 10p reductions. In @sda yesterday and the scrum was so bad they had a security guard with his body camera on. Really not worth it for a pack of yoghurts which is what one couple were fighting over.
    Mr T. seem to have stopped reducing right down during the evening which is much better as it's still good value for things you were going to buy anyway but you don't get the near fist fights.
    Unless you're on the breadline, life is far too short to get so hung up over a trolley of reduced veggies.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • t14cy_t
    Options
    Iceland early this morning bought 4 steak and kidney pies for £1 so half price, surprisingly they were very tasty!!
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    I've pretty much given up on the 10p reductions. In @sda yesterday and the scrum was so bad they had a security guard with his body camera on. Really not worth it for a pack of yoghurts which is what one couple were fighting over.
    Mr T. seem to have stopped reducing right down during the evening which is much better as it's still good value for things you were going to buy anyway but you don't get the near fist fights.
    Unless you're on the breadline, life is far too short to get so hung up over a trolley of reduced veggies.

I was in our local m and s the other evening, I picked up a packet of hot cross buns reduced to 20p. However there were people running around the aisles, it was crazy. Just in front of me a lady picked up the full shelf of reduced haggis slices. I would think there were 12 packs. The final reductions were then being done by a lady with a trolley, there was a crowd around her with perhaps 10 people all jostling for the bargain ready meals and sandwiches. I paid for my hotcross buns and left. The lady at the tills said it happened every night and usually the same crowd.
    I love a bargain but I really would not have joined this crowd.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure