Coffee, Cake, Yarn - New Start

Options

Comments

• CoffeeCakeYarn
    CoffeeCakeYarn Posts: 299 Forumite
    edited 23 January 2018 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Morning all!

Managed to list half of the ebay pile last night, about 20 items in the end until my eyes started drooping and I headed off for an early night. I've stuck it all on 99p auctions because I just want rid of it to be honest, my place isn't the biggest and I'm fed up of having a huge ebay pile in my front room. Send good vibes :D

Another groundhoggy groundhog day today. Got my head in gear this morning and wrote down what money I actually need to see me through until Monday. I'm about £8 short at the moment, so not too bad at all. I saw some cashback confirmed on quidco so have cashed that out, so when that hits the bank I'll be £4.00 short. I'm confident I can make that by the end of the week, and providing no major upsets that'll see me home to Monday with no Credit Card use for the first time in about 18 months. BIG, mahoosive, huge, amazing win. It seems so basic but I really feel like I need to cheer myself for that one, because it really is such a big step for me.

Feeling much better today after a big long sleep last night. I think I was just tired and tetchy yesterday. YS Spag bol for dinner tonight, and gym. Not sure if I'll be awake enough when I get in for more ebay as it'll be about 9pm before I sit down, but shall see.

Happy Tuesday x
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good for you, I think the biggest achievements are when we don't feel like doing them. So have a little cheerleading from the side:dance:
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• CoffeeCakeYarn
    CoffeeCakeYarn Posts: 299 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2018 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Morning morning.

Isn't ebay fun and games! Listed a load of stuff and got invoiced £4.20 fees, even though it's 100 free listings. 40 minutes on web chat, and they have decided to refund £2.45 of it, but can't see where the extra £1.75 has come from. 48-72 hours. Great.

Nothing exciting to report yesterday, boring but NS day. £2.50 cash out. Little gym and a bit of a bad sleep. No spendy plans today, gym later and the boy is coming over and cooking! No complaints here :D Some ebay auctions finishing tonight so hoping for a few pennies in the pot, then tomorrow and Friday I can sort out the last bit of petrol (I defo need a wee little top up before Monday), the foody bits for the lasagne, some breakfast bits for the first half of week off and the wine for Saturday night. Oh and the £10 for last weekend. It's never ending.

2 sleeps until payday and I can finally get a dent in the overall debt figures! I'm super super excited to see the final number come down, although I know it's not going to be a huge difference, but it'll be about £400 which I can't sniff at. Then after that it's only one more payday until payrise, and I can really get cracking. This month has been the longest, but I'm so happy I've almost made it!

Happy Wednesday all, almost there :)
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Boo to ebay fees. I need to list some more bits on there that haven't sold on FB. Might get round to it tonight!

I count down the days to each Monday as that is when I get a lot of my money, so I can't imagine how long the month must feel if you are waiting for a monthly pay day. I think I would go slowly mad just waiting!
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Last payday was 22nd December, so realllllly counting down the minutes haha
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    OMG, my wages were paid on 21st December but then we were paid again on 18th January. December was a late payday and January was early! I don't think I would be patient enough for waiting over a month for payday!
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    It's been a slog, especially with the car haha. That's why I'm so proud of myself for making it work :D
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    See if you can get through this extra long month and with the car issues, you can get through any month!
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Exactly! I'm really excited to see my total spends for the month. I've gone a bit excel crazy with the money, but it's amazing to see the totals. I'm going to post them on Friday as that's almost my month end.

It has been a pretty quiet month though with not much going on, that'll change next month. It'll be interesting to see how a 'normal' month goes with a few fun things planned. I feel all full of zest for this today! Although not too optimistic about two months in a row of no CC use given next weeks plans, but we will see.

Have just had my payslip though and I stopped the pension contributions too late in the month for it to make a difference on this pay which is a shame, but will see it from Feb pay. But still, now I've got the figure I can go play with the budget for Feb :D
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Late check in from me today. Actual work getting in the way, shock horror.

Lovely dinner cooked for me last night and really good go at the gym. Another really terrible nights sleep though, I was up for 3 hours at 3am then alarm went off at 7. Today is caffeine central.

Had a dress sell on ebay buy it now last night so all the money that I need to see me through until next budget cycle on Monday is sorted. Yay. Got lots of ebay auctions finishing tonight so anything from that is fun pot for next week. One more sleep till payday, one more alarm until week off.

Need to pop to sainsbos for some veg for tonights dinner of YS pork, have £2.50 in nectar points so going to top up with passata and tomatoes ready for lasagne making. Still need to get wine, might just get it today then it's done.

£10.00 from the weekend paid back.

Tonight plan is sainsbos and aldi for the shopping, garage for the petrol, and finish listing the ebay stuff and fingers crossed for a decent sleep. I've done my budget ready for payday tomorrow, and have £520 ish to pay to debts. It sounds like a lot in my head, but when I think of the bigger picture it seems so small. I think I really do benefit from concentrating on the little things, the extra earnings, the one debt in view, the not using the cc, the points for food, and then I won't get overwhelmed or disheartened by the numbers not coming down as quick as I would like. I suppose just some days I look and think it's insurmountable, I'm never going to manage it.

Happy Thursday all x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family