ASL France delayed flight claim - what next?

We submitted a claim form to ASL France for a delayed flight which we took from Aberdeen to Mallorca in September. We received correspondence back that we are entitled to 400 euros each and was asked to provide bank details/sign a 'acceptation' form. I received a confirmation email back to say that our forms had been received and the money would be in our bank account within 28 days.

The 28 days have been and gone, and I have contacted ASL via Facebook and email. I got a generic response on Facebook and the woman who I had been emailing previously has not answered my last two emails.

I have tried calling but couldn't get past a recorded voice. What should I do now? Does anyone have experience of claiming with ASL?

Comments

• I have had the same problem, I too had a letter asking to sign release forms and send bank account details, but no payment has been made. I have sent many emails since and not once have I received a reply.
  • Karen_Groves
    Karen_Groves Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 27 February 2018 at 12:10PM
    I should have added it was with the same airline ASL France
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have had the same problem, I too had a letter asking to sign release forms and send bank account details, but no payment has been made. I have sent many emails since and not once have I received a reply.

Hi KG,

You may have to resort to the ESCP (European small claims procedure) to force their hand.

Our own Dr Watson has produced an excellent guide which can be found here...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64457359&postcount=569

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Rosduchess
    Rosduchess Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 27 February 2018 at 7:04PM
    I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. I contacted TUI as well as ASL but they have been worse than useless. This has been since my flight on 21/07/17. I was dealing with Natali but after she received my consent form and my bank details, she has not replied to my emails.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rosduchess wrote: »
    I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. I contacted TUI as well as ASL but they have been worse than useless. This has been since my flight on 21/07/17. I was dealing with Natali but after she received my consent form and my bank details, she has not replied to my emails.

The only other option is to report them to the CAA, as according to their website, ASL are not members of an ADR scheme.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/How-the-CAA-can-help/How-the-CAA-can-help/

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Thank you Tyzap. I messaged ASL through Facebook yesterday and received a very quick reply. They didn't like it and said they did not deal with claims on social media but would pass on my claim details to their claims department, who would reply to me. Let's wait and see!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Post on the FB page too if you don't get a rapid response. SM can be a useful pressure tool.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family