Affiliate your website... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options

Comments

• save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AuctionMan has not just made a start, the whois record for the domain states the site was registered in 2005... AuctionMan has just started to monetise his site and used this thread for information, and in doing so has revealed a new stream of income. It does state that in his post.
  • Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    Hia!

Is there anyone running a website on here? Im looking for link swapies:D
  • sho_me_da_money
    Options
    I do but ive been slacking like a mofo lately.

I actually managed to take my site to becoming the 50,000 most hit site in the world.

But like i said, ive slacked and simply dont have the time to blog as much as i used to.

However, i have had an absolutely amazing idea for a site but to get it up and running i need someone with the skills to set it up..
  • melipona
    melipona Posts: 492 Forumite
    Options
    What sort of site do you have? Mines in my profile
  • sho_me_da_money
    Options
    Mine is a blog aimed at bringing all the geek stuff to one spot - new movie trailers/news, console game new, tech software/hardware news, hacking/tutorial videos, funnys, tech bargains.

It is/was basically a site bringing you rapid news on the latest tech stuff but added so many different angles that woudl appeal to a broader community.

But i havent wrote on it in over 1 month but i seriously would like to get back. I just find it hard these days as ive been snowed under at work (IT Tech)

But through doing this site, i stumbled on something good and using their idea i can niche my self into an area thwey have not.

And im about a million percent sure that the idea would seriously bruing in a high volume of traffic.

I am not a designer or coder for the site so i basically needs omeone who can do what i need. Im told it can be produced in kless than 2 weeks!

If i had say 2 people i could trust who 1 could design and code a little, then this new "site idea" would take off BIG time. Im very sure of it.
  • Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    My site is a search engine, news portal & web directory, its a work in progress iv completed the web directory and search engine bit but im trying to work in adverts, content, news/weather feeds and a shopping channel.

Iv added it to my profile, unfortunately it looks a mess at the moment!
  • thefuturesbright_2
    Options
    I knocked a quick one up for daily clicking but it needs sorting but i can't be arsed.I also have a price finding one called pricedetector which earns me a small amount for little work.
    Signature Removed Forum Team 2
  • TTMCMschine
    Options
    I have 4 sites up & another on the way. One of them was an attempt to try & make some money from Amazon affiliates but its a bit pap - I'm convinced they don't count all of the sales made from people clicking through.
  • TTMCMschine
    Options
    Has anyone tried adsense or affiliate schemes? I've tried amazons affiliate scheme but I'm not too impressed. Is adsense any good? Also, does having adsense on your site prompt google to boost the position of your website?
  • sho_me_da_money
    Options
    Why dont we fuse our skills together and put together something solid?

I have a good idea, and im sure u all too.

Joint effort might be our ticket to success.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure