Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 5 June 2018 at 5:05PM
    Options
    I cant wait for DS1 to be able to go on the NCS thing, he is 3 weeks too young to go on it this year.

Did your daughter go on it last year as well?
    And did she enjoy it - sorry, stupid question or she would not be going back this year.:rotfl: D'oh:rotfl:!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    I cant wait for DS1 to be able to go on the CVS thing, he is 3 weeks too young to go on it this year.

Did your daughter go on it last year as well?
    And did she enjoy it - sorry, stupid question or she would not be going back this year.:rotfl: D'oh:rotfl:!

No this is the first year she is doing it, so she didn't go on it last year. I hadn't heard about it until she came home from school with a letter about it. I couldn't say no really when all it has cost me is £35 and for that she got a free hoody as well! :D

So this morning I have updated my spreadsheet for the tax credits that came in this morning and also done a load of studies on PA. I have been a bit slack recently and haven't done any for a while. But I now have £2.72 ready to cash out and £5.24 pending so that's not bad for this morning. Next on my list to attack is to send off my old phone to CEX as that is worth £63. Then I need to decide whether to do a car boot this sunday at the local rugby club or not.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DS1 did the cvs thing a couple of years ago and had a brilliant time. He went all over the place, learnt a bit but mostly just had a great time. For the amount of things they did, the cost was minimal though I did find that he needed a bit of pocket money as well as a supply of snacks and drinks so you might just need to be prewarned with that.

It could be different now of course - it was only the second year of the project when he did it - still has contact with several of his group though.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Thanks for the tip regarding pocket money. Hopefully she will have had at least two wage packets before she starts so she can spend her own money!

So today has been a good day for PA, I am now up to £6.29 ready to cash out and £7.59 pending. I have started the month how I mean to go on.

I didn't manage to send off the iphone today but will do that tomorrow. Then need to decide whether I am going to do the car boot this Sunday or not. I am thinking not as I will have all the kids with me. There is another one near where my ex lives so I might ask him to find out how much that one is and do that one one sunday as he can watch the kids for me.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What is CVS?
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry, it was NCS - national citizen service - low cost camp for 16+ year olds
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Thanks Foxholes for explaining.

So today has been a good day money wise.

Firstly I found out how much I am going to get paid on Thursday and its more than I estimated by about £60. So £50 of that extra will go to my Help to Save account.

Then I found out that I had overestimated my nursery fees by £98 for June so that extra is going to my holiday savings account.

Then I estimated the rest of the money for the month and I am hoping to pay an extra £600 off my debt this month.

Right I have to go and do some more fly lady.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,328 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You will soon be in the 3's :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So I'm now in the £3's, only just but definitely in the 3's. I got paid today so paid £680 off the two credit cards left and put £50 into my help to save account for the month. I am hoping that by the end of the month I will have another £600 at least to pay off the debt, so I will be a lot closer to the 2's by the end of the month!!

I also posted off my old mobile phone to CEX yesterday so I should get £63 for that into my bank tomorrow. Still plodding away on PA on surveys, I managed to do loads the other day, one after the other so have a nice balance on there.

I am feeling so more motivated now my holiday is out of the way to earn extra money and start paying the debts down before our big holiday at New Year.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hiya,

You're doing brilliantly, well done on getting into the 3's :j x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills