Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    So back to work today so it was a busy day. Although last night I was obviously in a sorting mood as I cleared the bag that was on the landing of general stuff that had come out of my room, most was rubbish. There were a few books which I put on my bookcase and then some other bits which I need to find homes for but wasn't too bad really!

Then I did some listing and managed to get 2 things on ebay and 7 things on FB.

So today hasn't been as productive, but I did go to work and then came home, picked up kids from various places, did dinner for them, washed up, put washing on, put washing in tumble dryer and then went to the gym!

I have also just done DD2's passport application online. Just need to print out and sign tomorrow before sending off as I already have the photos. So that is one passport out of the way before December! Just another 5 to go!

I am just boiling some eggs for my lunch tomorrow and then I will go to bed. Another early start in the morning and back to work again. Tomorrow evening I really need to match some socks as the odd sock pile is getting out of hand a bit!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Sorting socks is a job for a child. It's excellent for teaching matching skills and counting in twos.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    My worst unmatched sock experience was over 70 single unloved socks.
    I decided to cull and start again.
    Sympathies.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where do the odd socks go? It is one of life's eternal mysteries.

Just to say that all charity shops will take them as Rags. They get paid per kilo for rags so if you put all your single socks and any other clothes that are too good for the bin but not good enough to be reworn, into a marked bag to save some lovely soul the job of sorting through them at the shop, they will still benefit from your donation.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't know that JoeyJimbles - thanks!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Every few months I tend to have a cull of odd socks but I really have no idea why we seem to amass so many odd socks!

I might match the socks this evening after I have done the washing up and tidied up the living room a bit!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Apparently they get sucked down the washing machine drain hole thing. Someone once told me (very patronisingly) I should get one of those mesh bags and zip all the kids socks in it and then put them in the wash.

I fell about laughing, I can barely remember to empty the kids pockets, let alone root around finding socks and imprisoning them in a net bag.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Who has time for that Foxholes! I'm like you, I barely have time to check kids pockets, the amounts of times I have washed tissues! I normally just stuff and turn the machine on!
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So yesterday the eldest tidied up downstairs, put the washing up away and matched the socks. I just have to sort them out as to who they are and get them put away now.

This morning has been busy already, taken eldest to work and then went and changed headlight bulb as that had gone. Whilst I was at Halfords I got a new battery for my key fob as that hadn't been working for about a year. It needed reprogramming but I managed it with the help of the internet and I can now remote central lock my car again!

I have also taken second eldest to her friends house for a sleepover. The house will be a lot quieter without her!

Then taken DD2's passport application to the post office and posted that along with my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman about one of my PPI claims. I think this is the only one that is outstanding still. The others have either paid or are going to pay!

So the rest of the day will be catching up on washing as there seems to be a mountain again and helping my son tidy his room up up a bit and sort out some more lego.

I might move a cupboard from the conservatory up to the landing to put the sheets in as the one I have up there doesn't fit everything in and the cupboard in the conservatory doesn't have much in anymore!

Other than that a lazy day maybe with maybe some shopping for DD3's birthday presents!
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So today has indeed been a lazy day. But I think it was needed. I did however help my son tidy up his bedroom and gave it a hoover. We also sorted out a couple of toy boxes. He is supposed to be sorting out a few more bits, but I reckon he has gone to sleep now. But the room is looking a lot better now.

I have also done a couple of loads of washing today and tried to dry them but still need to do probably another load tomorrow.

Prolific has been good lately. I cashed out £5.37 today and am already up to £7.85 with £1.88 pending. So will cash out Tuesday with whatever is on there and hopefully will get a few more studies on there over the weekend and next week!

I also found some more stuff in the loft to sell. So that will be going on FB tonight. I had a bad night's sleep last night so I think it might be an early night tonight as have got my PT session this morning.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback