Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks beanie. I have had a bit of luck along the way but I am determined the debt will all be paid off by September now!

So today’s as I don’t have a car!
    - go to gym this morning (friend is giving me a lift)
    - plant remaining bedding plants in borders and trellis
    - plant spinach plants
    - plant tomato seeds and lettuce seeds
    - tidy up garage and bag up rubbish ready for tip run
    - tidy and clean conservatory
    - tidy kids bedrooms
    - change sheets on kids beds
    - hoover stairs and bedrooms
    - wash sheets and whites and colours
    - post two eBay parcels
    - list ten things on eBay/fb
    - sort out small cupboard in garage
    - out tools in plastic box
    - pay cheque in at bank

Right I think that’s enough. I will get the kids to help as well!
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it's amazing how much debt you've cleared in such a short time, you're my inspiration! Xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Shame about the swimming pool drama the other week - that's what kids are like isn't it haha. You are doing so well with everything. I love your little lists and the fact that you've paid off so much already .
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You ok over there? Seems like a little while since you posted. Hope all is good.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I'm thinking the same thing.... hope you are ok.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,329 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all is well in your world.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Thanks everyone for making sure I have been ok. Yes all is well but had a bit of a spendthrift time which isn’t good. Also been really busy in real life and one of the kids has been playing up a lot. But anyway I am back now and will hopefully post a bit more frequently.

So what have I spent, well the car ended up being about £523 but that should be it for a while (fingers crossed). Luckily I had £300 in car fund and the remainder care from my emergency fund, which although I hated using it I suppose it’s why I have one. I shouldn’t need to pay out anything for the car fund now until October do I should be able to build up a nice pot by then.

Then as I didn’t have a car for the weekend, the kids stayed at home instead of going to their dads, so the eldest suggested a day out to our local mini theme park. Instead of just paying for the day, I decided to get the kids annual passes, so that was another £500 spent, but they have already been three times, so only need to go another four times and they will have got their money back. My eldest even took the kids by herself apart from the youngest got the afternoon to give me a break.

Last week I seemed to use more petrol than normal as seemed to have to drive the kids around everywhere. So I didn’t save that much but still saved a little bit.

This weekend we are away again on another rugby tour but will be minimal spending money as all food is provided in the price of the weekend, just hoping it stays dry as we are camping.

So even though I had to spend more than I wanted on the car and I bought annual passes, I still managed to pay an extra £500 off my debt and save £250 into holiday fund so I am happy and I know we will get the use out of the passes as they also have soft play for when it is bad weather.

So debt is now down to £5268.12 but emergency fund has taken a hit and birthday savings have taken a hit as two of the kids have their birthday this month. But I feel so much more in control with my finances and I know that before I had my lightbulb moment if my car had needed work, I would have had to go into my overdraft, but this time I haven’t so that’s a massive win and a big step forward!

Right must go to sleep as it’s one of the kids birthdays tomorrow so I reckon she will be up early in the morning to open her presents.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Nearly in the 4's :j :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    I know, I was hoping to have got into the 4's this month but car and annual passes put paid to that. As soon as I get paid on Thursday, another £680 will be going off the debt!

Then at the end of the month, another £400 will be paid off the debt, so that's £1080 off the debt this month which I am very pleased about. Next month won't be as good though as nursery fees will be higher for July!

This is unless I make some extra money this month or next month. I need to work on that in the next couple of months as I seem to have slowed down in the last few weeks.
  • beanielou
    Options
    That is awesome.
    I dont know how you do it.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback