Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    This morning I tidied and hoovered the middle floor and both sets of stairs. I think that will always be my Saturday job to do that. I think then I need to find a day to clean the bathrooms, that might be my Friday job!

This afternoon was sunny so I went out in the garden, cut the grass, did some weeding and also got a load of washing dry on the line.

So all in all a very productive day.

In money spending, got some chips from the chip shop to go with the roast chicken but I am still under my food budget for the week. I will do a count up as I only have tomorrow left and only need some milk I think and a baguette for tomorrow's dinner.

Tomorrow the girls are playing rugby so I need to make sure everyone's bags are ready tonight as the younger kids are going to my ex's for the day.

Right best get up and do some tidying downstairs as it is a bit of a mess seeing as I have been concentrating on upstairs and outside today!
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you've had a couple productive days. The weather really helps doesn't it, loads of people were out in their gardens yesterday doing their garden jobs. Feels like spring clean weather lol
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Yes Storm it was lovely getting outside and doing the garden. It needed a good tidy up really. But now that the weeds have gone, I have gaps in the borders! I need to fill them with some flowers but I don't want to spend the money!

So today has been spent mainly ferrying kids around and standing out in the cold watching my two oldest girls play rugby. It was a bit of a drive but they both played well and enjoyed themselves. The other kids were with my ex so I didn't have to worry about them getting bored today.

I have also just updated my spreadsheet and I have managed to save about £55 this week from my spending money. This is amazing and I have transferred half to holiday savings and half to house deposit. Its a new week tomorrow but I don't expect to save as much next week as I am out next Saturday so will end up using my money for that I should think.

Right I need to think of a list to do for tomorrow and the week really, so here goes:

- List 10 more things on FB/Ebay
    - Sort out paperwork and file
    - Go through paperwork that needs something doing with it and sort
    - Drop car into garage on Friday
    - Drop kids at their dad's saturday morning
    - Clean bathrooms
    - Exercise three times this week
    - Keep on top of washing including washing muddy rugby clothes from today!
    - Sort out small unit in garage with toys in to find more stuff to sell
    - Big unit going to charity on Friday
    - Sort out wooden unit in conservatory and move upstairs
    - Take old sofa to the tip on Saturday

Right I think that's enough, going to put some washing on now and then go to bed as I am shattered and need to get up early for the school run tomorrow morning.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a productive week ahead and well done on saving the £55! That's a great saving!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Sounds like a productive week ahead and well done on saving the £55! That's a great saving!

Thanks JoJo, I am hoping it is going to be a productive week and that weekly saving is not going to happen again this week as I am out Saturday night for the first time in about a year!

So this week's list has gone ok today. I don't feel like I have stopped today but I haven't crossed many things off my list.

[STRIKE]- Sort out paperwork and file[/STRIKE]
    - Clean bathrooms
    - Exercise three times this week
    [STRIKE]- Keep on top of washing including washing muddy rugby clothes from today![/STRIKE]
    - Sort out wooden unit in conservatory and move upstairs

Ok so not much crossed off but I have got all the washing done and dried on the line today. I have also made sure the kids have put their clothes away and that their rooms are tidy.

And in good news I have checked my next tax credit payments online and it looks like I am getting an extra one this week and then the future payments will go down slightly, but this extra payment will mean that I can pay off an extra £500 off the debt this month and also put an extra £500 into savings for the holiday this month. So very good news indeed!

I need to pull my finger out and get a few more bits for DD3 for her birthday which is in two weeks! I did how ever buy some bits for DS2 for Christmas yesterday. I know it is early but I found some cars for sale that he loves and they were cheap so I got them and he will be over the moon at Christmas.

Right I am off to work out my spreadsheet a bit more and look for birthday presents.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Get you buying for Christmas already. Good luck birthday present hunting. £500 debt £500 holiday is brilliant !
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Thanks Storm. I do try to pick up bits throughout the year and I know my son will loves these cars. He is car mad!

DD3 I think I am halfway there for getting her birthday presents but I know what I am getting her for her other bits. She wanted a Smiggle bag and lunchbox so I will get her those and then maybe some bead making activity and then she will be done. Unless I see a few little bits for her.

So today in money saving news I have received my PPI payout into my bank account so that is the rest of the spending money for the May holiday sorted and I have also bought the Eurotunnel tickets for the December trip. Then the remainder has been put into the passport fund as I still have five passports to get!!

I have also changed my mind about paying £500 off the debt, I have decided to pay £768.10 off the debt as that will mean I am down to £5000 owed at the end of this month and then the remainder can go into the holiday fund towards the hotel or passports.

I have also opened a Help to save account account which I didn't even know about. I found it when I was on HMRC site looking at my tax credits payments. Apparently if you get working tax credits you can open a savings account and pay up to £50 a month into it for up to four years and at the end of the second year and the fourth year, you get a bonus instead of interest. The bonus is equal to the highest balance you have had in the two years, so if you pay the full amount of £50 per month in every month and don't take out any money, you would get £600 bonus after the second year. I reckon I can find £50 per month so today I have opened it and paid in my first £50. I think I can use it for a house deposit or if I buy a house before two or four years, use it for something else!
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Update on this week's list!

- Clean bathrooms
    - Exercise three times this week - done two lots already, going Saturday morning and hopefully Sunday as well!
    [STRIKE]- Keep on top of washing including washing muddy rugby clothes from today![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Sort out wooden unit in conservatory and move upstairs[/STRIKE]

So not much extra crossed out but the last three days I have been at work. Tomorrow will be a lot more crossed off and I also intend on doing some planting in the garden with the youngest two. I bought some bedding plants, lettuces, tomato plants, strawberry plants and spinach plants. I have also got a load of seeds so we will plant them tomorrow. I am looking forward to spending some time out in the garden with the youngest two.

Also need to do a bit of tidying and cleaning tomorrow but I will do that in the afternoon when the youngest has her nap.

Right off to bed for me as early start tomorrow dropping the car off at the garage before the school run!
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So today started off well and then went downhill and now my plans for the weekend have changed!

[STRIKE]- Drop car into garage on Friday[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Drop kids at their dad's saturday morning[/STRIKE] - not happening now
    [STRIKE]- Clean bathrooms[/STRIKE]
    - Exercise three times this week - done two lots already, going Saturday morning, won't be going Sunday now but still going tomorrow morning
    [STRIKE]- Big unit going to charity on Friday[/STRIKE] - not gone, but will hopefully be going next Friday instead
    [STRIKE]- Sort out wooden unit in conservatory and move upstairs[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Take old sofa to the tip on Saturday[/STRIKE] - won't be going this weekend now.

So today I managed to drop the car at the garage, got home and got the kids to school. Then I did some planting in the garden with the youngest two taking regular breaks as it was a little hot! We have planted tomatoes, strawberries, cucumber and lettuce. Also planted some sweet pea seeds and hopefully they will grow.

Then I got the news that my car had slightly more wrong with it than I thought so it wasn't fixed today but will be fixed on Monday. This means that the kids won't be going to their dad's this weekend! And I won't be going to the tip! So those two will be postponed until next weekend. Luckily I have nothing else on this weekend that needs the car and I will have it back for Tuesday when I go to work next. Its also going to cost a bit more than I expected but I should have enough to cover in my car pot and my contingency fund.

Then as the kids were going to be here this weekend, I decided to get the swimming pool out so they could play in that for the weekend. Everyone was playing well and then when I asked the 7 year old to do some tidying, she started acting up. So the evening hasn't ended well but hopefully we will still have a good weekend!

I have some more flowers to plant, some seeds to plant and some spinach plants to plant out. I might have to have a look round for some more pots though. But I am determined to enjoy the sunshine this weekend and do a little bit of tidying!

I hope everyone else has been enjoying the lovely weather.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You seem to have paid an amazing amount off in a short time :)
    Havent read all 32 pages but well done!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback