MSE News: Sky to overhaul TV packages - what it means for you

Former_MSE_Callum
Former_MSE_Callum Posts: 696
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
Forumite
edited 14 December 2017 at 10:35AM in TV MoneySaving
Sky is to make changes to its TV packages in a major overhaul between now and January - if you're a customer, here's what you need to know...
Read the full story:
'Sky to overhaul TV packages - what it means for you'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I currently have the variety bundle at £31.05 so if I switch to the entertainment bundle at £20 what channels will I lose?
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I have Sky Original at £22.50 a month - I would assume thus I'll be seeing a bill reduction - but will be setting a reminder to call Sky
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• r2015 wrote: »
    I currently have the variety bundle at £31.05 so if I switch to the entertainment bundle at £20 what channels will I lose?

The kids channels (an extra £5) and F1 (if you get that).
  • kerri_gt wrote: »
    I have Sky Original at £22.50 a month - I would assume thus I'll be seeing a bill reduction - but will be setting a reminder to call Sky

Nope, not without calling them.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,806
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Wonder what would happen if you wanted Kids, Box sets and HD? Presumable that's £15 extra a month? The article suggests you can only have one of the three.

On the other hand... Sky are clearly concerned about churn by dramatically reducing prices like this and simplifying things when compared to lots of other services it looks very expensive now for hundreds of channels you may or may not watch.
  • Fed up of sky, I got a deal £19.20 for Variety, this was called a offer and i was charged £10! Will see what new year brings.
    Jan Wins: .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 December 2017 at 6:53PM
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Wonder what would happen if you wanted Kids, Box sets and HD? Presumable that's £15 extra a month? The article suggests you can only have one of the three.

On the other hand... Sky are clearly concerned about churn by dramatically reducing prices like this and simplifying things when compared to lots of other services it looks very expensive now for hundreds of channels you may or may not watch.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, you can mix and match any combination.
  • Fed up of sky, I got a deal £19.20 for Variety, this was called a offer and i was charged £10! Will see what new year brings.

Just flat out refuse to pay the '£10 admin fee' every single time regardless of the offer.

You are on a discounted package anyway as the new Entertainment is the same as Variety except you get the kids and F1 (I think) for £19.20 against the £25 full price of the new package.
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    any freephone 0800 numbers to call Sky to try to change my bundle?
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,794
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They have an 0800 number on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure