Birmingham Midshires

Options
HO HO HO, Tried opening an internet account with BM. Well try to contact them by telephone!!!
I have wasted hours and lots of cash without getting through. I have tried thier complaint department with no results. They are a washout. Jeff

Comments

• SallySunshine
    Options
    update from Martin
    Update:
    10.20am 7 Dec. As we predicted, the Birmingham Midshires 1.45% rate didn’t last long. Its rate has since plummeted and now pays tiered interest of just 0.2% on anything under £1k, 0.55% on sums between £1k - £25k and 0.9% on anything over £25k. We’ve left the write up as it was so it doesn’t confuse anyone reading the weekly email. If you missed out, the Virgin deal below is still available at 1.36% AER variable.

Have you read this update?
  • a&akay
    a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
    Options
    Their software seems well confused. Yesterday I could see my BM account Username, which I've had for years, OK. Today my Username has reverted to my AA saver which used to use the same platform, and seemingly still does. Payments out have been stuck in pending since 0740 today, now just actioned.
  • mustardtree6
    Options
    Is it still 1.45% for those who have an existing account? When I log in to check, it is still showing as 1.45%.
  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Is it still 1.45% for those who have an existing account? When I log in to check, it is still showing as 1.45%.

Yes it is still 1.45% for those of us that already have this issue.

When you log in you can see the Bonus Maturity Date on the Welcome Screen (top right).
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sites is now down.
    Took 31 days for my account to be fully set up and for access.
  • Ifts
    Options
    pearl123 wrote: »
    Sites is now down.
    Took 31 days for my account to be fully set up and for access.

Just checked and I can manage to log in ok.

My account opening a few years ago was straight forward, no problems.

Last month I just phoned them up and got the old issue that the bonus rate had dropped off re-designated to the issue paying 1.30% and then they automatically raised that rate to 1.45% last week.
    Which was very handy as I got to keep the same account number and linked account, and use the same access details for online login - saved me having to set it all up again.
  • Ifts
    Options
    a&akay wrote: »
    Their software seems well confused. Yesterday I could see my BM account Username, which I've had for years, OK. Today my Username has reverted to my AA saver which used to use the same platform, and seemingly still does.

My Username is the same, no change.

The change I did notice was their log in process, where before they asked for Username, Password and Security Question all on the same page, it now asks for the Username and Password on the first page then goes to a 2nd page to enter the Security Question - which then takes you in to your account.

I did ring BM Savings to check before I signed in using the new layout.
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    it's really bad and annoying that their website doesn't work when I try to login from my phone or tablet.

It's bad enough they don't have an app but that wouldn't be the end of the world if it worked in every browser but it doesn't!
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My mother tried to opened an account - she got a confirmation email on 30 October and they set up the DDR but she never received her welcome letter. She has tried phoning but gives up after 20 minutes on hold. She has emailed but the email bounces back. Given up hope now.
  • etienneg
    etienneg Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My wife applied online on 4th December, and so is waiting for the invitation to send the initial deposit cheque. Does anyone know what counts as the opening date of the account? In other words, is she likely to get the 1.45% interest rate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure