IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Manchester Urban Exchange

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks good ot me.
    Expect a fob off repsonse, which you then complain to the DVLA that the ATA isnt actually doing what their ADR provider says theyre doing, as a reason to turn down the appeal.
  • beccih1892
    Options
    Thanks for the response Nosferatu1001 :)

By any chabce does anyone know who I should address this to ? Also will email be appropriate or should I send it as a letter ? TIA
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    beccih1892 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Nosferatu1001 :)

By any chabce does anyone know who I should address this to ? Also will email be appropriate or should I send it as a letter ? TIA

If you mean the DVLA, then it’s David Dunford.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beccih1892
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    If you mean the DVLA, then it’s David Dunford.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

I may be wrong but I think it is the BPA I need to send it to? Not 100% sure just going off the feedback given as it was regarding them auditing the cameras?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I may be wrong but I think it is the BPA I need to send it to? Not 100% sure just going off the feedback given as it was regarding them auditing the cameras?

The BPA’s Steve Clark is the person to contact. He used to have a direct email address

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

But it seems he’s not responding on that, so go this way:

aos@britishparking.co.uk - FTAO Mr Steve Clark
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• beccih1892
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    The BPA’s Steve Clark is the person to contact. He used to have a direct email address

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

But it seems he’s not responding on that, so go this way:

aos@britishparking.co.uk - FTAO Mr Steve Clark

Thank you Umkomaas, I've sent him an email so I'll come back when/if he comes back with a response
  • beccih1892
    Options
    So I've had a response back but it isn't actually from Steve Clark himself....

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

In order for us to investigate further, please kindly supply us with the Parking Charge Notice reference and the POPLA appeals reference by return e-mail.

Kind regards,

Emma-Louise Ford
    Operations Manager
    British Parking Association

Should I converse with her about this? TIA
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    She seems to be your access point for the time being, so do respond to her. If you get an eventual fob-off you can escalate this via the DVLA (have you copied them in to the correspondence so far exchanged?) and ultimately your MP. That will get Steve Clark engaged!

Good time to strike given the current national press interest in and coverage of the Private Members Bill going through The Commons.

• Ryandavis1959
    Options
    So I've had a response back but it isn't actually from Steve Clark himself....

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

In order for us to investigate further, please kindly supply us with the Parking Charge Notice reference and the POPLA appeals reference by return e-mail.

Kind regards,

Emma-Louise Ford
    Operations Manager
    British Parking Association

Should I converse with her about this? TIA
    I would insist on speaking to Steve Clark instead of someone who might not have the authority to do anything about this. I would email Steve Clark again and demand that he deals with this instead of fobbing it off.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with Umkomaas, and I disagree with newcomer to the forum, Ryandavis1959.

The reason is you will wind them up, and there is no reason not to deal with the Ops Manager.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure