Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

Comments

• Paid the electrician. I got paid, all doled out. Not a lot spare for time off over Xmas.

My Xmas present (washing machine) is amazing and I love it. So sad to be so middle aged :rotfl:

Plumber was contacted and should be out tomorrow. Felt awful contacting him on a weekend, but I want the last two bits fitted Add have concerns about it breaking over Xmas. Add in the bloody car and it's warning lights :eek: visiting in laws and this warning light just keeps coming on and off. No time to get it looked at unless the garage is open xmas eve or the 27th. If they aren't I will see ff I can book it in 2/3rd Jan, and will just have to hope it gets to lincs and back.

Went to the local panto with our guide company yesterday, was OK. More slapstick than last year's so the wierd one should like it when we take him and the smallest after Xmas.

I need to do a review of the year after Xmas. Debt wise not been great, but I need to look at all ve achieved I think.

One more week!!! :beer:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • So school is out :j been a rough term for the smallest, and the wierd one desperately needs some time off. The girl has some work to get on with and needs to finish her photography project, but told her to take it easy and then nose to the grindstone from Jan. Gcse's in May :eek:

Xmas is all done, except my dad's gift which I think is the parcel trapped at the sorting office. Will swing by on Monday after dropping hubby at the station at 7am.

Am doing two jobs on mondau with the boy, then I am done. Until 6th Jan when I start my new job. I do however, need to revise for my exam H is mid Jan. We sat a mock this week and I totally and utterly mucked up the last question. And dropped marks on stupid things. I still got 85%, but it is such an easy exam I want 100! So have a paper to do here over Xmas, and need to spend a bit of time really focusing on the bits I need to work on.

Been to town today to the library. All stocked up, and bought some books for my kindle. I am not planning an active Xmas :rotfl: come Jan I will be doing a walking regime as want to enter a couple of sponsered walks next year. Need decent walking boots/shoes, will ask for my bd which is end of Jan. Have put weight on since my accident and will be tackling that as well. After Xmas :beer:

Only fresh stuff needed food wise, and xmas day pizzas, otherwise all done. Got 5 boxs of chocs from clients so no need to buy any :rotfl:

Not overly happy with the debt free journey this year, but I need to remind myself of what has been achieved, so will be doing a round up in the new year I think. :money:
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Right, xmas eve buffet done, two arguments, two giddy teens, the wierd one is definitely not coping atm and the smallest headbutted my bad arm. But overall not too bad lol!

Managed to get all presents downstairs into the conservatory earlier, and got the smallest bike from my mums this morning. That's in the porch under a groundsheet.

Anyway, merry Christmas, will be back when it's over.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • All done! Everyone liked their presents. Definitely smaller piles than previous years, which I am glad about, less stuff coming into the house. Also managed to sleep until 7am on Xmas day, almost a lie in.

Up early today as I have physio booked for 8am :eek: then off to the panto this afternoon with the small two.

Have put so much weight on these past two months, and all the chocolate isn't helping, need to really get back on a more healthy diet in the new year. I am trying to avoid rejoining weight watchers, but may need to. Size 16's are too tight, and I don't want to buy new clothes.

I have been looking at sponsered walks and have decided on two, first one is end of May, so need to get kitted out and start practicing. I want to do two this year and then maybe three next year if these go OK. I need to do some sort of exercise and this is low impact and free. Just bored of feeling middle aged and frumpy. And I want to do something for me. That doesn't cost a huge amount. So will be booking them in the new year.

Off to inlaws tomorrow, if the car makes it. Warning light is on permanently now, but not flashing and still running OK so......? Have it booked in for 2nd Jan, and hold RAC cover so worst case, it breaks down, we either get towed to a garage and bought home, or towed to in laws. I would rather not go, but can't hire a big enough car, trains are impossible and can't go up next week as hubby back in work and then me and the girl are in London.

Anyway, best get ready for physio!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Back from in laws. With a stinking head cold. Car went fine, light still on, hope we get to the bottom of it on Thursday.

Husband is back to work on Friday, if he is still alive by then, he throws everything out when he is of work but we aren't away :rotfl:

The weird on le isn't well, was crying with a headache yesterday (he doesn't do pain, it must feel different for him, blood sees a panic attack, but pain just confuses him) slept for 12hrs straight :eek: he is normally up by 6, he was still in bed at 10am :eek:

So new years eve. Must do some kind o
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Of look back I think. Debt has definitely taken a back seat atm.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,938
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    lose SOME weight. Would love to lose 3 stone, bth anything would be a bonus
    2) be more active, especially at weekends.
    3) do two sponsered walks. One in May 25km and one in September 50km.
    4) get back into cross stitch
    5) do well in my exam in Jan and hopefully next one in June.
    6) get two kittens
    7) finish back garden (and front garden if we can swing it)
    8) finish porch
    9) pay off all debt except loan
    10) save one month's buffer and proper ef.

These are goals for 2020. Posted them on the revisit Dec 2020 thread. Wish me luck!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Forumite
    Looking back at the past year I want to celebrate what has been achieved.

Health
    Some weight loss. Unfortunately all piled back on after my accident.
    Dislocated shoulder, not great and has impacted me massively. Physio is working.

Finances
    Cash flowed a holiday for six in Cornwall.
    Cash flowed work on the house.
    Paid off some debt, but more focus on true expenses this year.

Family
    Had an awesome summer, cash flowed lots of trips over the year. A lot of family fun has been had.

Work
    Started course, new job next week!
    Realisation that I couldn't keep doing my job long term, especially after my accident.
    Hubby has had three payrises this year! His job seems secure atm.

Lots to be grateful for. Cash flow is !!!! atm, but regular saver matures end of Feb which will help. The past three months have been hard, I lost nearly 1k with my accident and spent stupidly while I was off in pain. I think the fist quarter of 2020 will be damage limitation both financially and health wise.

Happy new year!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Forumite
    Got a bit behind, really not been well. Finally felt better on Friday.

Went to the west end yesterday to see Mary Poppins. Was amazing, we specifically booked to see Bert, played by Charlie Stemp who we saw three years ago in half a sixpence and been desperate to see him again as he was mesmerising! We had amazing seats front row of the g/c the side that was good for the end! We also went back to see SIX fo the fourth time :rotfl: just love this so much. We sat in restricted seats in the stall, good view, but I much prefer the circle slips and when we go back (and we will!) I will rebook these. We saw three swings last night (like understudies) and they were all brilliant, always nice to see what a different actor will bring to a role. :j

Today I started my new job. It was hard sitting for six hours looking at a screen, been a long time since I have done that, but it all made sense and I could tie in quite a bit with my course so that felt good. And I didn't break the laptop which is good, I am a bit challenged with tech :rotfl: fingers crossed for tomorrow being as easy. :T

Money is incredibly tight this month. I have started trying to eat a little healthier from today, need to keep it up as everything I am wearing is very tight.

Child benefit and Dla will come in tomorrow, don't need to pay council tax this month as its all cleared, so will he a bit extra to dish out to empty categories.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Forumite
    Money came in, paid some off the sofa finance as I am planning on clearing that this month. Spoke to my new manager about wages, so know how they are paid and exactly when.

Job went well, feel like I am beginning to get a bit of a grip on what I need to do, but not in again until Monday so will no doubt be back to struggling again. Just need to keep at it, making notes, asking questions and just doing it over and over. Am enjoying it though, it's interesting and different and it is so nice to be using my brain again.

Saying that I am back with my cleaning clients for the next three days and looking forward to seeing them.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure