PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    YL... tell DH he should absolutely wait until after christmas in case someone has bought him said item as a gift.. because it would be very unfortunate had someone put a lot of thought into a gift and he spoils it so close to the event by purchasing it himself... and it'll be cheaper in the sale..

Jojo.. I wear my festive garments all year round.. currently sporting a lufferly Olaf number! They are comfy and warm and that's good enough for me!

Thankfully only a few flakes of sky snot today.. then it rained.. praise be!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It was suggested at work because my reaction to the concept of Christmas Jumpers was less than complimentary (something about the conspicuous consumption of a completely unnecessary item of clothing that can only be worn for two weeks of the year being a bleeding insult to people who are depending upon food banks or are still waiting for Universal Credit to come through, so are freezing whilst we give them the message that we're all so alright, we can waste twenty quid on a foul piece of knitwear) that I got one saying Hail, Santa or Humbug.

My suggestion for a jumper carrying a suitably pithy statement that could be worn all year round was unfortunately, rejected.

I'm 100% with you Jojo about Christmas jumpers. I'm horrified by them for exactly the same reason you are. And if you like I'll send you my absolute favourite teeshirt - black, with a Larson cartoon on it. Two extra-terrestrials in a flying saucer speeding away from the earth, 'Well, intelligent life or not?' 'The ones with brains seem okay. The ones with testicles I'm not so sure about.' I think it's a bit rich for the hospice charity shop at the bottom of the road. I've had it for about 28 years and I've never worn it!

Delightful lodger has arrived.
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I'm 100% with you Jojo about Christmas jumpers. I'm horrified by them for exactly the same reason you are. And if you like I'll send you my absolute favourite teeshirt - black, with a Larson cartoon on it. Two extra-terrestrials in a flying saucer speeding away from the earth, 'Well, intelligent life or not?' 'The ones with brains seem okay. The ones with testicles I'm not so sure about.' I think it's a bit rich for the hospice charity shop at the bottom of the road. I've had it for about 28 years and I've never worn it!

Delightful lodger has arrived.

Oh! My sister was a HUGE Larson fan. I'd forgotten. Thanks for the memory x
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Yay!! :T Go you! :D Seriously, very well done. :o

Thanks LW and sorry to hear about JayCloth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure