PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017

Options

Comments

• donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    24899972_10155933334863518_6290970580387033260_n.jpg?oh=80573e77f62cf11a11b81891bc2c735a&oe=5AC14AE1

mine were painted yesterday

Jazee always glittery!!!

Pigpen WOW!!!! and very appropriate for today
  • donnajt
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Room of Doom is sorted and tidied /QUOTE]
    :T:j:T:j:T:j
  • donnajt
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Had some sad news yesterday; my old mate JayCloth has trodden Rainbow Bridge. :( However, he was 17, not a bad age for a big Lurcher. He belonged to a former work colleague whom I have stayed in touch with (well, he was her DH's dog originally, but her DH passed away in 2004) His name was actually Jay, but he had a classic case of "cloth-ears" (ie Random Selective Deafness) so I always called him JayCloth.
    Run free in the Summerlands, old friend.

Run free JayCloth xxx
  • donnajt
    Options
    Poo typed long message but i was on an expired page so blimmin lost it

Lynn so hope your windows are in .... cant remember any others and also dont know how to multi quote?

Lovely snow here today - kids and dog been walked

Washing done, beds made, lightbulb changed and dusty old wall cleaned, xmas tree out ready to be put up

Cupboard of Doom emptied yesterday, bag for charity, bag for rubbish, order restored, this is now a family friendly cupboard lol

Have offered the teenagers a cash incentive today - big list written, they have to do the jobs and initial who has done what and I will tally up wages - they want money to buy us all gifts so its a win win really

hope you are all well today ..... cannot believe its two weeks before Christmas where did this year go?
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Donna - to multi-quote tick the box at the bottom of the post between the 'quote' and 'report' buttons which has a a little purple and a little orange speech bubble. If you mouse over it you should get a message telling you 'mulitquote this message'. HTH

There is a maximum number of posts you can multi-quote - I *think* it's 4.

Marking assessments. And messing about on line, obvs.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    *Healing vibes" Jazee.

Sorry to hear a couple of OHs have decided to buy themselves the very things they've wanted for a couple of years a couple of weeks before Christmas. How do men manage the timing so exquisitely?

OH informed me this morning he's bought me a Christmas jumper. I can't say how much I hope he's joking ....
    donnajt wrote: »
    Cupboard of Doom emptied yesterday, bag for charity, bag for rubbish, order restored, this is now a family friendly cupboard lol

Have offered the teenagers a cash incentive today - big list written, they have to do the jobs and initial who has done what and I will tally up wages - they want money to buy us all gifts so its a win win really

:T :j :T :j :T :j

Room of doom office is now a bedroom for the lodger that will finish work at 3.00 am Sunday morning and collapse into the futon with crispy clean bedlinen before departing tomorrow at some point later in the day. Superking turned around, shower room sparkly, ground floor dsyoned and that's enough of that for one day.

Three of the 'Three week list' will be done this afternoon and then I'm back to sewing. Yeesssssssssssss.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2017 at 2:37PM
    Options
    [Directs 'just break down' vibes towards the work boilers and 'keep going, you cold white beggars'vibes to the flaky things falling out the sky].

Last night went a bit pearshaped because Himself's band lead singer is having love life woes, so turned up at 2.30am and stayed until 5. So I cracked open the Jameson's to get me through without saying 'she's just not that into you, mate' and now have a slightly achey head. Perfect for the excited screeching coming from the children next door - I don't think the youngest has ever seen snow, so she's hitting about 95 decibels at a pitch normally reserved for Humpback Whales needing to communicate halfway across the Atlantic.

Himself is off on a supplies expedition, so once he's struggled through the panic buyers to get the usual coffee, loo roll and cat food whilst they hurl everything that isn't nailed down into their baskets, he can get cracking on the kitchen and I'll do my usual ten minutes each in the bathrooms (because I keep them clean).

Well, once I get my coffee, anyhow.

ETA: It was suggested at work because my reaction to the concept of Christmas Jumpers was less than complimentary (something about the conspicuous consumption of a completely unnecessary item of clothing that can only be worn for two weeks of the year being a bleeding insult to people who are depending upon food banks or are still waiting for Universal Credit to come through, so are freezing whilst we give them the message that we're all so alright, we can waste twenty quid on a foul piece of knitwear) that I got one saying Hail, Santa or Humbug.

My suggestion for a jumper carrying a suitably pithy statement that could be worn all year round was unfortunately, rejected.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think the youngest has ever seen snow, so she's hitting about 95 decibels at a pitch normally reserved for Humpback Whales needing to communicate halfway across the Atlantic.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

There's no chance of a snow day tomorrow. What has fallen is thawing, apparently, and no more is coming down. This has prompted me to realise ALL my jumpers need washing, so they'll be next in, because I don't have a clean one for work!

I had 'kind of' planned to go and buy a new xmas jumper, as I am never, ever, wearing the 'Advent calendar' one in work again. And it's jumper day Friday, but I will merge that errand with my SW visit tomorrow, even though town is virtually snow free.

I also need to check/buy thank you cards. I have had two gifts already, including a box of home made mince pies made by a parent who in a previous role was a chef, and they have a sort of biscuity swirl on the top and are, no word of a lie, gorgeous. I ate 1.:eek: I am debating freezing the remaining half a dozen (I gave some to colleagues) for xmas day.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Snow, snow and still snowing. I am now hoping for a school snow day tomorrow as I hate driving in snow, and at least I will only have to worry about me getting to work. There was no electricity when we got up this morning either, but that came back at lunchtime. It has blipped again since, but holding up at the moment. Still, the fire is lit and everyone is in the living room for a change.

I really ought to get on and write the Christmas cards....
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Perfect for the excited screeching coming from the children next door - I don't think the youngest has ever seen snow, so she's hitting about 95 decibels at a pitch normally reserved for Humpback Whales needing to communicate halfway across the Atlantic.
    There are times when being hard-of-hearing has it's advantages. ;)

Nasty white stuff on the ground today - I knew before I even looked out of the window, courtesy of the blinding headache.

However, I braved the elements long enough to put the recycling in the shed (where it gets collected til bin day) and ensure the birds had food and clean water.

I have just steam-cleaned the bathroom - you'd be surprised how much grot accumulates on the bath lift; a combination of soap and our tattooos-and-piercings hard water, I guess. Mr LW kindly took the covers off the bath lift and washed them, and generally did a bit of fetch-and-carry of stuff I needed to finish up in the bathroom :A

Oh and we finally got around to dying my hair last night - so no more silver badger stripe for the time being.:D I need to give some serious thought as to whether to continue dying it; Mr LW likes me to go back to my original red, but it really is getting to be harder and harder work each time; and with the rate it's falling out, I do wonder if it's worth it now. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure