What's the view from your window at work?

Options

Comments

• Former_MSE_Matt
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm actually working from Stockholm at the moment - not the brightest of views but a view all the same

image_uploaded_from_ios_1024.jpg

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    Whilst it is social media, it is also largely anonymous social media. Whilst what you say in the widest sense, is true; in this context it is at best humourless and at worst irrelevant. Neither does the poster's credibility any favours.

It's anonymous until one of your colleagues spots it. Then not only are you potentially breaking employer rules, you're opening yourself up to everything you've ever posted being linked back to you.

People should not be encouraging this, and I hope the forum team are not contemplating putting this in the newsletter.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,533 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Sounds like you're not far from MSE Towers?!
    Bloomsbury - so less than a mile NE of you.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    edited 30 November 2017 at 12:17PM
    Options
    "Posting photographs of your workplace with comments (or without them) is a wildly foolish thing to do."

It's out the window so it's not a picture of where you work (unless in super rare instances like mine where you work inside an office inside another building)

And if that is the case, you just ask first :)

Sorted!
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    That really does sound stunning!

Indeed it is..well in daylight hours,but when it gets dark and the Deer start Barking..it sounds like what you would imagine Zombies to sound like.

To put it into prospective 30 acres of land with all manner of buildings that have not been used for two decades,place is like an apocalyptic film set in places.:j
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My last view was a couple of cars and some woods, with some occasional planes flying into Manchester Airport.
  • Akahotpot
    Options
    In a workshop ,in a warehouse ....no windows
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My backyard, as I have a working from home contract. I've not quite got as far as setting up the laptop in the garden (because I'd never get any work done) but it's very tempting in the summer.
    My alternative office aka Skoda generally has a fine view of assorted car parks.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • About-time
    Options
    I hotdesk in a very big room so have various views, very few of them involving any kind of window at all. When I can see out of a window it's a walkway, then the side of the adjoining building I can see
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    melanzana wrote: »
    This brings me back!

My office looked out over a courtyard with a wall at the back facing me on the street side, if you can picture that.

Well it was the most hilarious thing, as the pigeons and various other birds used to gather on top of the wall and FORNICATE for our amusement. God how I laughed when having a meeting in my room, and the inevitable would happen.

Good memories of that place.

I work from home. View to my left is of the fence between myself and our neighbour. View to the front, through our sunroom is out across the garden to the bottom fence.

I too get treated to lots of flapping and birdy activity on top of the bottom fence. However ours are classy - collared doves - as well as the woodpigeons trying to get a wing over.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport