Options

"Better a poor man awaiting a capitalist swell"

"Than a rich man who is in dwell"

"Money is not supposed  to be funny"

"Even tho a joke lies in the ironic spending of times journey"

"Value is in the foot steps we take"

"Running a marathon with a bursting heart rate"

"The wall is all we face in regards to any capitalist gains asset debate"

"minds strong with a goal of hitting the finish line regardless of the time or date"

"Crossing the line of achievement can’t not be weighed"

"With are hearts of gold and mind  when are goals are achieved"

"Awaiting a new monetary moment is a marathon"

"Don’t get caught up in the short term rushes when comes the new dawn"

"Time is what we take and Time take from us"

"Spend it wisely it’s about self trust"

"Boom or bust"

"Discuss"

• jennyjj
    jennyjj Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    josewise said:
    I do not believe in CryptoCurrency anymore

Nope..... It definitely exists, albeit as a rather abstract system, just like real fiat currency. :smile:
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    josewise said:

Please sit down I’ve got some news on Santa Clause..

• jjhdee
    jjhdee Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How come? Well it does take more than a crash course (there's more to learn besides what's in this) and it's real risky so you may not reap the benefits of your efforts instantly, but it's not that different in that regard from others.
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    EdGasketTheSecond Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jennyjj said:
    josewise said:

Nope..... It definitely exists, albeit as a rather abstract system, just like real fiat currency. :smile:
    But fiat currency, while it lasts, is supported by governments and economies, and recognised as being exchangeable for goods and services. Crypto is supported only by enthusiasts and a much more limited market of goods and services, many illegal, that will accept bitcoin as payment. At any moment gov'ts could simply decide to ban crypto then you don't have anything but some interesting numbers.

• RichTips
    RichTips Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Placing 100% of your bank deposits in crypto is lunacy and certainly not "safe". I would advocate for the benefits of the space but would consider even 5-10% incredibly extravagant. Test the water with >1% if you feel like taking a punt and don't mind consider it sunk cost immediately. Make damn sure you spend a year or so learning about crypto in your spare time before doing much else though.
    Also, there's a Bitcoin post already and while there are now other cryptocurrencies offering more diverse functionalities this additional thread doesn't seem distinct enough to merit attention.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RichTips said:
    Also, there's a Bitcoin post already and while there are now other cryptocurrencies offering more diverse functionalities this additional thread doesn't seem distinct enough to merit attention.
    Are you seriously suggesting that another thread, started a couple of weeks ago, should somehow take precedence over this one that was started over two and a half years ago and has seen steady traffic over that time?
  • RichTips
    RichTips Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    I see your point. I don't wish to disparage the merit of an older thread.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    RichTips said:
    Are you seriously suggesting that another thread, started a couple of weeks ago, should somehow take precedence over this one that was started over two and a half years ago and has seen steady traffic over that time?
    RichTips said:
    I see your point. I don't wish to disparage the merit of an older thread.

Though this thread only came back to life again today because new poster 'neweste' wanted to tout the benefits of their crypto based 'structured deposit product' which they recommended on another thread yesterday, which is not a scam honest guv. 

The product they recommended simply lets you take a proportion of the upside without the full downside of crypto returns, and you can pick from a blend of products where you choose your desired rate of return, e.g. take take 40% of the blended crypto growth rate if it goes up, and lose 20% of your deposit if it goes down. Or take 20% of the crypto growth rate if it goes up, and all the money back fully guaranteed if it goes down. Or a more cautious option where you get  only 16% of the upside, but if it goes down you get all your money back plus 4% return. 

Q: How can they possibly generate the returns to pay you out if the crypto fails? 
    A: a mixture of magic, and it being a scam with the guarantee not being worth the e-paper it's written on.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    I see that MSE are promoting some new-fangled investment vehicle on their website:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/park-promotions/#54415

Tulip bulbs. 

You mark my words, they might be 100 for £11 now but they'll be 500 quid each by xmas.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback