“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think that the time of year does not help.
    I feel very unsettled too :(

Remember you do have a LOT on your plate.
    You are a lone parent to 3 littlies & do wonderfully well & deal with a lot of things on a day to day basis that are difficult with no or very little support.
    I salute you. You are a total star. xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Try not to worry about Friday, but I'm sure you'll feel better when it's done. Sometimes we can't help dreading things that we have to do, but usually when we actually start to do them it's easier than we think. Hopefully Friday will have really productive results for you :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think I will fit a coffee into the shopping budget tomorrow :o Not what it's supposed to be for.

I have separate lists for things to do and town etc. So it is organised.

I think the smalls can have the curry I froze at the beginning of the week for dinner tonight and tomorrow can be left over pasta bake I froze. Then I know I have everything in and ready and nothing needs picking up. Although this weeks shopping will probably be very similar to last week.

I don't actually have that much to do. I'm just waiting on everything else. I don't like not being in control :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    I absolutely think you deserve a coffee tomorrow and definitely a little bit of self care is order. You must look after yourself Wannabe.

I also suffer from anxiety but over the yearsI have identified things that help...fresh air and exercise, a decent diet and enough sleep all help.

Difficult I know when you have so much on but please look after yourself x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you Busy Mee I always forget to eat :o then it's too late or I just can't be bothered. Must start to work on these things again.

I think once tomorrow is done and I just have to go back to waiting for everyone else while I'll still be worrying I won't be as anxious about having to go out etc.

Thank you again
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    10/01/19
    Debt
    Council Tax [STRIKE]£375[/STRIKE] £350 (£25 paid)
    Rent arrears [STRIKE]£1545[/STRIKE] £1495 (£50 paid)
    Credit card [STRIKE]£150[/STRIKE] £97.60***

[STRIKE]Total £2070[/STRIKE] £1942.60

Bank balance £75.27*

Food budget £15** (£10.34 spent)

Need to fit in the budget
    DD's School tights £8
    DD1 School shoes £?

*** CC- 49.9% interest along with the £12 over limit fee I keep getting and the £12 late fee is the one I need to think of a plan and chuck my efforts into.

The CT and Rent don't have any extra interest/fees etc.

No change today it will be a NSD. A week before the CC statement is produced and for the first month in ages I won't go over the limit :o Hoping the 3 bits on eBay sell and that will be another £5 or so to go over before the statement and hoping to sweep some out the food budget. Although I spent more than I thought I would this week :cool:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great to see the CC going down :) x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Great to see the CC going down :) x

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Wannabe :) I can't sleep if something is on my mind and it's worse if I've got to talk to somebody about a problem. I find myself running through various outcomes of the conversation I'm going to be having and pre-empting what people are going to say and how I'll respond. Thankfully I don't have to have those type of conversations very often. :o

Is there anything you enjoy doing that eases your anxiety? Do you craft, knit, scrapbook, read or anything like that?

Good that school aren't going to use calling on DD1 as their Number One plan anymore. :) Hope DD2 wasn't too upset. x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Just cleaning Teafor2 :rotfl: :o

Smalls had a good day. Makes it much easier when they come home in a good mood. Youngest has been upset she didn't get an invite to one of her friends Birthday party but nearly everyone else did it seems :o The joys.

Smalls are finishing up eating before bath time. It's SO cold! They want to watch a movie in bed so want to go up earlier. No complaints from me :rotfl:

Still no surveys :cool:

Still a NSD.

Still amazed at how much food we seem to eat in a week :cool:

x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback