Work...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in MoneySaving Mums
4 replies 3.5K views
M30M30 Forumite
21 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in MoneySaving Mums
I’m having a dilemma -
I want an easy job - I applied for a job that I initially thought was easy only to figure out that I’m doing 3 people’s jobs in two working days for minimum wage! 😳
My son is two and I can’t wait for the 30 hours free childcare but until then I’m paying for childcare to work a rubbish job! Any ideas of an easy going job ?

Replies

• cheeky-peachcheeky-peach Forumite
    245 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Supermarket work - stacking shelves / on the tills. I've done it in the past and it paid more than minimum wage too. It was 'easy' in the sense that once you were home from work there was no need to worry about it or put any thought to it.
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are doing hours anf filling those hours with work which you are being paid for then you are doing one persons job... yours.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • M30M30 Forumite
    21 Posts
    Yes but I am not only doing my job but other people’s which as you can imagine is stressful and means you don’t finish when you are supposed to finish!
  • keepcalmandstayoutofdebtkeepcalmandstayoutofdebt Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi OP - do you get a probationary period/review time? If your employer recognises individual performance, could you gather evidence on just how well you do to boost your confidence on requesting a pay rise etc.

I always found it good to have regardless and to know my stats.

Re Joined Slimming Word in group 02/06/21   ..   Want to lose every week! 6 lbs gone to date

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals