Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,995 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    I wonder if we know each other. My first job after leaving school was with Royal Insurance (building long since demolished and I was only there a short while) but I spent nine years at KPMG, opposite where the Holiday Inn now is.

This is getting spooky. OH was at KPMG, but not the Watford branch.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Bikertov
    Bikertov Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    You know if you buy something on amazon then they put the price down? Can you contact them and get difference back?
    I tried a while back and got nowhere

In the end sent the item back and reordered, on principle.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 12:08AM
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    I wonder if the quality is so rubbish that they are not doing as well as they should from Day 1? Are you losing most of the benefits of an electric toothbrush by using feeble brushes?

I buy official brushes and after 5 months the only difference from new is that the colour bars that show you when to change are faded.
    WE only get the branded ones too - unbranded may be fine but you have no idea if they are made of pcp in china....

Prefer our Colgate c600 to the kids oral Bs for clean feeling teeth, note the brush heads cost more (buy price 8-9 for 4 vs 14 for 8) but hopefully last a bit longer.

250g Kettle chips (£2.49) and 5 x 22g bites (£1.50) are £1/£50p at T on CS, 6 x each size / flavour - hopefully they will also brand match at M 1.50 and W 2 for £2 respectively (note separate baskets) making each one 50p.
    I think....
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone figured out how to use the M&S droid vouchers - comments seem to suggest it is max of one £3 and 1 £5 per transaction. Could they be used to add this amount to an M&S gift card so that the balance could be aggregated for a single purchase?

Also used some Greggs £3 today - Greggs is well expensive for sarnies: their £3 'meal deal' only includes small sarnies and a drink, large sarnies cost more and you don't get a crisps/snack either :(
    I think....
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    has anyone figured out how to use the m&s droid vouchers - comments seem to suggest it is max of one £3 and 1 £5 per transaction. Could they be used to add this amount to an m&s gift card so that the balance could be aggregated for a single purchase?

Also used some greggs £3 today - greggs is well expensive for sarnies: Their £3 'meal deal' only includes small sarnies and a drink, large sarnies cost more and you don't get a crisps/snack either :(

how did you use it in greggs please, just show them the voucher? Was wondering if there was some way to just use it myself on the self scanner in m&s, as it does mention something when you read about it, but made no sense to me. :o
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 2:21AM
    Options
    Quite a few changes in M, so do not be caught out on the APG where applicable (from the next update). The expiry dates on my list are starting to work properly and allowing me to identify easier what is likely to be on and off this time.

I believe these items are OFF in M:
    M Cranberry Roule (125g) - was 50p, felt to be a "misprice", I know nothing, I just took the price I saw without question last time:doh: - now £2.
    Farm Stores Grapes equivalent 500g - I am now putting M to N/A as a result of me being OOS for too long across multiple stores in different areas, and I now expect the M price, which is cheaper than A, to drop off the APG next time if it hasn't already done so - should continue to be vs T assuming they are still £1.25.
    Maltesers Hot Chocolate
    Vimto cans
    Vimto Cordial
    Kipling and Cadbury Sticky puds
    Oreo 10 pack
    Snack-A-Jack 126g-150g
    Walkers Baked Crisps
    Walkers Crisps 6
    Walkers Oven Baked Fusions
    Walkers Lights
    Nature Valley
    Cillit Bang Soapscum
    Ecover WUL 500ml
    Flash Gel 400ml (moving to 885ml Flash next time)
    Glade Touch N Fresh Linen Unit
    Method Granite Cleaner
    Bic 2 Sensitive 10
    Nicotinell (7)
    Rimmel product that was £7 on my list
    Bepanthen Ointment
    Super Yummies Tomato Herb Breadsticks - were £1 now £1.67
    Kiddilicious
    Little Dish
    Heartsease
    Kettle Bites
    Monster energy drink 4 packs
    Johnson's £1.50 products
    Oat So Simple 20/22 pack - now £3.50:eek:
    Oat So Simple Protein and other £1 products from last time
    Weetabix Chocolate
    Pot Noodle 4 pack now believed to have gone to full price probably on Thursday of last week (missed in store on Monday, seen at full price on Thursday last week but that had missed the Wednesday price collection day - definitely £2 last Wednesday)
    Pepsi 1.5L - believed to have been 3 for £2 last Thursday, now believed to have gone to 4 for £3:( on Monday (I had store with no mbuy showing on Monday; I had three scanned and, of course, they were full price - turns out probably not scanning the right number according to store now seen: in effect a price increase, now requiring buy 4: you can have the same offer of 3 for £2 as before but you must now also buy one at straight price (which of course makes the price of each a little more expensive)).
    Mr Muscle Drain Unblocker - now full price
    Bob Martin Rawhide etc.
    Encore Cat soups
    Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar 2Kg - was 88p, now £1
    Danone Light & Free yoghurts - were £1, now £2.47
    Cadbury Hot Choc Pud 400g - gone to full price
    Alpen
    If Wholemeal Baps 6 are on the list at 50p, they are now 2 for £1

Rolled over
    Jacob's Cheddar Cheese Biscuits/Cheddar Cheese with Bacon Biscuits
    Kettle 5x30g mbuy
    Tuc Original Snack Crackers (Tuc Chive still on)
    Whiskas 40x100g pouches
    Ritz Bakefuls Salt & Vinegar if they had been due to end

Now also ON (but should not work yet on APG where applicable, need to await update)
    Many Aussie products 2 for £5
    Pringles 200g (in so far M has them): If £1 on t.com is a 'glitch' price, then the same price may be available properly vs M soon (no glitch): now £1 for 200g instore (on the flavours of Pringles 200g that M has).
    M Red Pepper/Mozarella Flatbread £1 version has come back for me having had full price stock for a few weeks on another BC (but could have remained elsewhere at £1 that still had £1 BC version in stock) - either now on (if £1 stock had gone eveywhere) or continuously on at £1 from one changing store or another depending on wherever at any one time happens to have the £1 stock. (I know - complicated:rotfl:, but this is likely to be the correct position on these.)
    Mattessons Chicken/BBQ/SF Chicken 2x50g £1
    The Jacobsen's Emoji tin I have on my list at £1.50:eek: from last time - now gone down to £1
    Domestos Power 5 Rim Blocks (two versions) - currently believed to have gone back to £1 having been briefly full price (hoping my stores are showing me correct price)
    Rustler's Chicken Sandwich 150g/BBQ Rib £1 versions (flashed) have now come back for me, although it is complicated as other BC may still be full price elsewhere and some other products in the range also appear to be on as I have flashed £1 version and unflashed also scans at £1
    Bob Martin Naturally Tasty Chomps 6 - 40p
    Wagg 17Kg - Chicken & Veg. and Beef & Veg. - each £9
    M Bobby Pins Brunette 15pk 50p
    Plenty White Original One 400 sheets (4 roll) £4
    Gilette 3 Disposable 8 Mens £4
    I have now found Ferrero 200g at £3 is cheaper price per kg. in M than £5 product for which promotional material is around my store in several places
    Baxters soups 75p each
    I think I will be changing two Wrigley's products, including one I did not have last time, from £1 M to 97p M (looks like a price change in M) - however some Menthos chewing gum (which I have also got this time) may work out cheaper.
    Domestos 2L - gone to 2 for £3
    Plenty Decorated Rolls ("The Stylish One") 2 pack £2 (200 sheets total)
    Shloer drinks: now resorting to recording £1 price for these, having been so long since we had 89p on them: but at least better than more usual £1.12 perhaps of nowadays.
    RTC prices on these items have gone lower:
    M Soap Holder - 30p
    M Toothbrush Holder - 30p
    M Pumice Stone - 30p
    M Exfoliating Gloves - 50p (may just make it to the list now)
    I mentioned 'small' (for me) Hellmann's Hot Dog Sauce squeezy last time at RTC of 80p:eek: in M - I have now found store specific 20p stickered stock on RTC shelf in one M. So, keep looking for RTC items, even those that have 'national' price that may still be a bit too high for us, as you may find cheaper stock in your M on any of them.

This is not a totally complete list - but it is many of the items I have now found. I am hoping my Ms are showing me the correct prices on most of the items; otherwise there is the possibility incorrect prices are shown above. However, this is what I have concluded from store they are (prior to seeing if online changes any of what I think) and I hope I am reaching the correct position.

I had a very good third store. I have not got some of the items that are online anyway as I'm not going back to the store I had before (1 hour drive each way). Instead I chose a store that was not nearby but is nearer than that as they have a range of items that are not online that I find in the other store. Last time I went there (the other place, the one I wasn't going to go to today 2 hour round trip) it turned out to have something from today's store that I didn't expect it to have. Today's store: although I would (I hoped) have one non-online range - and indeed I did have:T - I was expecting I would not have another non-online item that the store 2 hours round trip away has; however, to my surprise, it also had it:rotfl: (as well as items I did not have in my nearby stores). So, went to store A last time expecting to be missing items from Store B - found them in store A. Now going to Store B expecting to not have to an item Store A has - I found store B had it:rotfl:. I therefore have the non-online items in my third store today that I would have had to travel farther to the other place otherwise to get - and the other ones that place has, not visiting again anytime soon, are online anyway! So, hurrah, I have everything:j. (It is not the case that these stores are 'the same' at all, as I have ranges of items in one that aren't in the other and there are items in the store I had now that are not in the other place, although I do have them elsewhere anyway.)

My fourth store, at the end, turned out to be very good as well: it put me right on some prices that I had got incorrect from my first store, as well as filling in items that are not in the other three. I tried desperately to stop one of my stores losing its SEL on an item that I currently only have in that place, was OOS (just the SEL) last time and is not online. I need not have worried as full stock is back there now, although the item has now gone up in price but at least it's allowed me to see this and I have not lost the item.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 3:09AM
    Options
    I still have the Old Rosie Cider box showing me £10 in M as of yesterday, and I did not see any other price for it, so I assume it still is this price. If you could not find it in your M last time, maybe try another M (if another one is convenient to you) or perhaps it has now come into, or back into, the store you tried without luck last time. I had it in a store I did not expect last time, a small store, although I also had another small store that did not have it. I had it in most places last week - I think, on the Wednesday, I ended up with it in 7 of out 9 stores by the end of the day (as an expansion of the list). My biggest main store didn't have it before and had been missing it previously as well, but it has now been there on the last couple of occasions. It does seem to be in most places - at least where I have tried. I have it in all four stores now, out of the 4 checked this time (that have got me much of what I needed to see). There is still, for me, quite a bit of stock around although it is less than what it was in one of my places but still multiple boxes even there. Items come in and out of stores every day and come into places where they have not been before as well as disappearing from places that had them before. I just get what my stores allow me to see. In my small store last time, that did have it, it was on an aisle end halfway down the store. In most places though, I have found it where expected to - in the booze aisles. Hope you have luck finding it if you want it. HTH.

I think it is a bit like, less seriously, the Walkers Stax cartons to me. If I had ended sooner than I did, I would not have had them at all and would have been saying I have Pringles but I can't see these at all. In one further place however, they are at an aisle end for me, so I did find them - but I also have also seen the store that has some right next to its Pringles:rotfl:. So, open your eyes Savvy!!:p:rotfl::D (It is obviously that I was just in another M where they weren't there. No good me saying I've got Pringles when you can see these right next to them as well, after I've gone through aisles and up and down store aisle ends elsewhere trying to find them before giving up - they are not here! - and then taking them to move onto the next store. No stone is unturned, mostly - Terry's Milk Chocolate Orange, would you believe? - had to carry that item over this time to another store, never had to do that before. No worries over it though - just simply one of my stores had gone no trace; stock and SELs elsewhere. The fresh salmon as well - although I still had the hoarding up outside one of my stores I could find no evidence that they were at the offer price anymore in the store - the hoarding, which they may have forgotten to remove, not good enough for me I'm afraid - fortunately I found them at another place:cool:.)
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2017 at 3:53AM
    Options
    Yes hampy, I updated the list as I was catching up earlier and copied some bits over to check on later. I do try to update if items are working or not as I go, even if I don't catch up fully or get to post

I had a day soundly asleep in bed, not getting up till about 6.30 pm:o so I am having a night of staying up, watching tv as well as catching up on here, etc. And checking on the balance of my gift set glitch stuff to take into charity shop to sell there for Ravenswood. I'm covering the 10am to 1pm shift at shop tomorrow

mrs_lds wrote: »
    3x Dove Happiness Collection Body Gift Set (each) £18.00 £13.50

This is a new one mrs lds, as the Dove Happiness Collection on the list is the Duo costing £4

DOVE HAPPINESS (£6 one) works out £2.05 NEW
    A £6 v S £4.50. Pay £12 for 3 and get £5.85 APG

3x Dove Happiness Collection Body Gift Set (each) £18.00 £13.50

I have put it v S as the fillers seemed to impy that

Thanks for the lovely pm ♥

Parkfoot wrote: »
    Hi Elite, I joined you two years ago when my Mam was in hospital, we lost her,shortly followed by my mother in law. Then I had a major meltdown & am just starting to be myself again. Thought I’d best explain my absence.
    I’m now feel ready to join you all again.

Welcome back :D Sorry to hear what a bad time you've had. You'll soon catch up with everything and get back in the swing of things
    B&H (they were cigs in my early days ;-) Dove men wash bag, Dove shower Tool, Bulldog Trio, Lynx speaker , Nivea shave, all still working this afternoon.

Same here, I always think of the cigs as I type or say it :rotfl:
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning all

Reindeer_group_620.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Options
    MS £5 off shoes and boots so free foot cushions ....
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure