🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    If anyone is going to Waitrose for their excellent stewing steak, I can highly recommend their braising/frying steak its £4.20 for two steaks, on my picks (-84p), and three for a tenner.
    £10-(3*.84)=£7.48 for 3 packs, about £1.25 a steak.
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Nice spot braveheart :) but the FIT hopefully will be just over the dalmations ;)
    Either 96 or 107 spotty dogs.Methinks.Depends on rounding. 96 I reckon.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pepper77 wrote: »
    Either 96 or 107 spotty dogs.Methinks.Depends on rounding. 96 I reckon.

I'm going with 101½ ;) :rotfl:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hiya. :wave:
    Anyone know if the ML yogs are still comparing against S?

Also 2 handy diet comparison showing cheaper on W that might go with the fattening tolb shop.
    Volic water £1
    Lin Mc Red onion sausages
    Not tested tho, but thought bubbs might be interested :D

Thank you :)
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    As Brucey would say "Higher or Lower", me a lower so can be pleasantly (Cilla Black)ed

LOL
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    redfox wrote: »
    it's a problem MSE are aware of. There's a thread here about it http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5773875

Thanks foxy....

I'm having problems when I click the thanks button...Giving me this message....At least I know why now...

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Morning everyone.....

Thank you for all your posts for my DS....Going to look at a rental tomorrow......It looks good online and is only 2.5 miles from where he is working....

Going to miss him but equally very excited for him....

Have good days peeps...:wave:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mine is an Acer. There should be an Office free trial version in there somewhere, I never bothered much with it so it wasn't even activated until I took on Job 2 in early Dec, then I renewed it last week.

Thank you Seren, I hate new laptops/computers :o
    Good morning all, finally a lovely clear blue sky :D

Hillbern:

Have you tried it again since then? Is the screen totally black or do you see some variation when the laptop is turned on? Can you connect it to another monitor to find out if it is the screen or the laptop?

Have you tried starting it in Safe Mode (press button to start it up, then repeatedly press F8 until it starts (or does not as the case may be)

If you can get it restarted either in safe or normal mode, load up CC Cleaner and run it, this may buy you a little time to get everything you need off the hard disk, but quite honestly 10 years is a very good age for a laptop, and you really need to consider the idea that it is either dead or dying, it will not last too much longer (That said, my OH has a computer that is at least 15 years old, but it no longer goes online and only functions in the most basic sense).

Computers haven't come with manuals (assume that is what you mean) for a long time. Most things you need to know you can either find out in the "help" section on your computer, or online. If you are after a manual it would be horrifically thick these days to cover every eventuality.

I moaned when I first got my Asus several years ago, I should have more patience :cool:
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems posting, mine keeps saying "duplicate error you have posted the same in the last few minutes" or something along those lines when I havnt !!!!

I did yesterday, I’m about to find out now for today :rotfl:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Hiya. :wave:
    Anyone know if the ML yogs are still comparing against S?

Also 2 handy diet comparison showing cheaper on W that might go with the fattening tolb shop.
    Volic water £1
    Lin Mc Red onion sausages
    Not tested tho, but thought bubbs might be interested :D

Thank you :)
    The corners are showing at 35p each on sains via msm now. Was that always the case or?
    Would it still be 11 + 1 of them.
    And how much would they work out each please and thank you :)
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    anyone buying the nivea soft moisturising cream on cos with £1 cb
    there is also a coupon on page 16 of the sun with £1 off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing