Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just looking at the comments on twitter re Tesco and flagging clubcard scheme - when they devalued the P and O exchange rate from four times value to three times value they lost my custom and then that was swiftly followed by the £800 cap in usage with very little notice - I think the last ones I used were like an extra large deposit on top of the normal 10% deposit and maybe halved the final total - I think that was a November Iberian cruise a couple of years ago and it took me two years to save them up (thanks to TCB which also stopped) ...

These days if I get to 150 points to get a mailing its a miracle
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Clipstrip_Bargains
    Options
    Dunno about the Nivea soft - I bought mine in t’s As it is also on greenJ
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.:j
    Good things come to those who wait:A Bad things come on express delivery:(
  • mhoc
    edited 15 January 2018 at 7:22PM
    Options
    nettiebobs wrote: »
    For anyone doing a A v M shop, nivea soft (cos) is only £2 in m's. Don't know if it will compare. Savvy?

Last week it was also on Greenjimm and you got 80p plus the £1 from COS - bought mine in Mr T (as I had a bag to drop off at the food bank collection)
    Trying not to spend on toiletries but with two lots of cashback resistance was futile :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Please can I ask did anyone do a Damart order on January 3rd when the special code was doing the rounds - if so was your order cancelled and if so were you notified?.
    I've looked at my account and nothing seems to be happening - no email received so I've sent them a message ...

I seem to remember a red raincoat where all the orders were also cancelled and I've avoided them since then ...

Probably another dead horse being flogged ...
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    frustrating and annoying isn't it :mad::mad::mad:
    Yep.. annoyed to hell!
    Yes we can afford it and yes we want to go back there, but will not be ripped off!
  • pippo
    Options
    Very impressed with your posh yellow labels - not one store around here, large or small has had any useful RTC or Christmas reductions. I think the only thing I've found so far is a couple of Princes fruit cocktail tins for 25p each

Just updated my excel chart.
    The cupboards and under the stairs store are quite full - thanks to the Heinz glitch and a few Morribobs tins. Plus I got 6 of the Marks six pound meal deals using android pay so they only cost me £1 or £3 each set in real money. We are still working our way through a backlog of various cashback free and nearly beers, ciders and soft drinks so it will be a long while before I need to buy any of these.
    Errant son has been working quite a few mornings so we have had quite a few big family evening meals using meat from the freezer but we keep running out of vegetables.
    I did another Amazon pantry order mainly for catfood and OH got a giant bag of peanuts for the birds and yet more cat litter from B & M so £38.17 spent on the menagerie, £58.01 for human food :) and £13.21 on small fripperies and odds and sods
    (including toothpaste, shampoo for Boots points and nivea cream for cashback so I broke the No toiletries rule already :) )

Still £114 is not too bad for half way through January and less than the average daily spend for last year.

On the plus side one of my shopprize acc had enough for a £5 amazon e voucher, both of our shoppixxes are nearly on target and all the COS accounts I am drawing down this week so it will be a very economical month.

Not too bad at all!! If you were like me you you spent that at least each week BE.. Before Elite!!

When did (E) son get back? must have missed that!
  • pippo
    Options
    Clear your cookies or try another computer, might be just because you have shown interest and gone back.
    Thanks E, I know that, but forgot!! Yep, I often go incognito, but was using cashback and didn't bother.
  • pippo
    Options
    wendyak wrote: »
    Evening gang
    very angry lady here, just rang my energy supplier as they have sent an email saying my contract is up next month so to make sure I am in credit they plan to take an extra payment ...this means nearly £600 in ten days!!!
    I sat in the queue for an hour and a quarter with 90 odd in front to be told they cannot change it and if I want to regotiate I must cancel my Direct Debit and get into arrears first.
    GRRRRRR
    That is so bad Wendy, it's winter time and most people's accounts are in minus quantities..

I would name and shame!! and then move on!
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Great news Marmite!
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • louj101
    louj101 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please can I ask did anyone do a Damart order on January 3rd when the special code was doing the rounds - if so was your order cancelled and if so were you notified?.
    I've looked at my account and nothing seems to be happening - no email received so I've sent them a message ...

I seem to remember a red raincoat where all the orders were also cancelled and I've avoided them since then ...

Probably another dead horse being flogged ...

i also done an order with them and like you nothing is happening :(

:(broke my back doing glitching :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family