Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Westvleteren
    Options
    Don't all rush at once then! :D

Some one will and not a teetotaller.... i'll just sign up TM ;)
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2017 at 8:31PM
    Options
    jax.26 wrote: »
    Was this very time consuming and can it be frozen?

Really simple and quick if you have a food mixer. Just put the cream in mixer and beat until it goes to thick cream then keep beating until it separates into buttermilk and butter. Drain the buttermilk of and squeeze as much out then rinse with water to clean as much buttermilk out. Squeeze water out . Salt to taste. that's it I did 3 batches in about 1/2 hour xx

Yes you can freeze I wrap in greaseproof in a big sausage shape then chill. Slice and freeze. The I also make small sausages slice to get out for if I need a bit to top something, also herby or garlic are good like this as only get out what you need xx
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    Evening luvlies

If anyone has been getting the whiskas selection boxes which curl girl posted which are reduced to £2 in some A, one of the mocs inside (£1 off Whiskas casseroles 12 packs) could be used in a shop in A vs W as W have 3 of the flavours on promotion until 23/01 at £3. After using moc and if compares on the APG they would work out at £1.70 a box. The Trio crunchy treats are cheapest in A at the moment - using the 40p moc inside the selection box would make them 50p
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Don't all rush at once then! :D

Some one will and not a teetotaller.... i'll just sign up TM ;)

Yes.....I was just coming on to say yes. I think this will be our 4th year:) The only exception is that I finish my glass after midnight on New Years Eve/ Day:)
    One year I went until March:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Evening luvlies

If anyone has been getting the whiskas selection boxes which curl girl posted which are reduced to £2 in some A, one of the mocs inside (£1 off Whiskas casseroles 12 packs) could be used in a shop in A vs W as W have 3 of the flavours on promotion until 23/01 at £3. After using moc and if compares on the APG they would work out at £1.70 a box. The Trio crunchy treats are cheapest in A at the moment - using the 40p moc inside the selection box would make them 50p

Oz won’t eat whiskas:o

In fact he’s now just down to squirrel only:o

He “thinks” it’s squirrel because I tell him it is:o But in reality it’s anything we eat...chicken, fish, mince

Tonight he’s had plaice whoopsied from A.

I think I’ve ruined him:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Really simple and quick if you have a food mixer. Just put the cream in mixer and beat until it goes to thick cream then keep beating until it separates into buttermilk and butter. Drain the buttermilk of and squeeze as much out then rinse with water to clean as much buttermilk out. Squeeze water out . Salt to taste. that's it I did 3 batches in about 1/2 hour xx

Yes you can freeze I wrap in greaseproof in a big sausage shape then chill. Slice and freeze. The I also make small sausages slice to get out for if I need a bit to top something, also herby or garlic are good like this as only get out what you need xx

You’ve had a busy day Rhos :)

Last time I made butter the kitchen was a mess. I had it all over the bloomin place:rotfl:

Anyway diet starts January 1st:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,065 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Possibly a question for Anon

I am not into techie things but happy with the results from my AP shopping I gave DS money for the phone and he topped it up with £10:eek:

So any wins from today are profit and it has diverted my thoughts so priceless

I know you were all chatting about trying to reset for second run
    Did you try the same phone with a different network and different visa card

I could read back but it did not make any sense with all the toing and froing so any help appreciated

TIA
    Don't think anyone reported sucess :(

TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Have we all checked our Amex small shops credits?

I was 2 short so just gave them a ring. I also mentioned the shop where I had to pay by BCard as for some reason Amex card wouldn’t work and they immediately sorted out a £15 credit.

Great sevice:T:T

Now I need to check Mr TM’s card:)
    Also worth noting that the amex post office £5 back on 10 spend ends tomorrow, we did 4 x 10 love2shop.
    Anyone doing dry January?

Anyone fancy joining me on a dry 2018 :D:D
    Me - but then I don't drink anyway. No idea what I will do with all the cos free alcohol, are happy down's suitable for gifting?
    I think....
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,065 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are the ketchup crisps still glitching? Thanks
    I think....
  • jax.26
    jax.26 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »

Is this sausage stuffing to make your sausage & apple pies (which sound delish.

Thanks rhos
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    michaels wrote: »

Also worth noting that the amex post office £5 back on 10 spend ends tomorrow, we did 4 x 10 love2shop.

Me - but then I don't drink anyway. No idea what I will do with all the cos free alcohol, are happy down's suitable for gifting?

I didn’t have the post office offer:o

I haven’t been getting the Happy Downs. Even free. I’m guessing they’ll be full of sugar.

Michaels can I ask you something as a newish elite poster?

How did you find your way to this thread.....I know you post frequently on other threads....did you lurk for a long time....have you done glitches for a while but just neve4 joined in.

Just curious really. Wondering if Zag’s cross contamination is working:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills