Dear Diary

Options

Comments

• MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    another £300 paid off the CC !
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning all

Just paid another £300 off my CC , I do have enough to pay the remainder but I am going to hang on to that nearer to my next pay day , just in case , I do have emergency fund but you never know . Looking back over this diary can't believe it's been a year on 5 Nov!! wow , my mind set has changed so much during that time mostly thanks to following the Dave Ramsey plan, I've managed to clear £10,300 of my debt ! I have done that by sticking to a monthly budget and accounting for every £1 that I spend, I've mostly managed to get DH on board which has helped. I also have managed to increase my work hours plus atm i'm doing over time , so increasing income and decreasing spending has mean we have cleared this debt. I say "this debt" because we do still have 2 of DH's CC's to go, Once I get the figures for those and start attacking them next pay day I will add to my signature but for me I need to focus on mine first which happened to all be smaller than DH's , so in accordance with Ramsey we are attacking the smallest to the largest,

It's good to come here an make a note plus amending my signature helps to keep motivated seeing the figures go down, my daughter has also liked colouring in my debt free charts which we keep on the fridge door lol

for the first time in a long time I also have been able to cash flow christmas instead of things being bought on the buy now pay later Very or putting it on 0 % CCs , it feels good :)

have a good day all xx
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    Wow MeenaM, you’ve done fantastically well. Each time I see an update from you, I mean to comment but for ages I kept getting logged out all the time and lost my posts.
    Well done for getting DH on board too, I hope he’s been reducing his totals in preparation for your attention turning to his debts. :T
    TCC
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £107/£365 29.3%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £6.9k/£62.3k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • redofromstart
    Options
    You are doing so well - lots achieved in a year!
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    thank you both, means a lot to have some cheerleaders!
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy New year to all!
    I've now added DH's two cc's to my signature, the minimums from mine are now being paid towards his smallest card and we are throwing everything spare at it , from my calculation on my overtime and budgeting we should hopefully clear that one by April , then we will be on to the final CC which we aim to clear by the end of the year all being well. trying our best to stay focused ,
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So I am still plodding on , I've had a problem since Jan with letting go of the debt money so for now it is in my savings pot until i feel i can "let it go" and pay off the debt , still making regular payment on the cards and over paying but for some reason finding it hard just to pay it off, on course to be debt free in November so by then it has to have been paid.
    Still struggle to get the food bill down , it is so hard to do when you have a teenager in the house!
    also had to use some of the EF as fence/gate which was rotten finally blew down the other weekend and we had to get a new one for security reasons , so will be building that back up next pay day

hope all are well
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Down to the last credit card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    Amazing! Well done :T. And so much sooner than you first calculated too. :)
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £107/£365 29.3%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £6.9k/£62.3k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hey all ! now down to last £2,062 !!! should be debt free in September !!! overtime has helped this last 12 months , working hard but it is paying off , next plan is to build a fully funded EF of 3 months expenses then going to save for a proper holiday and a new mattress!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure