No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries November 2017

Options

Comments

• asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Helloooo,
    been awol again but do have some UU. :)

Baby wipes - sent to test so don't know the brand but good and thick. Not really a fan of baby wipes though but they can be handy. Have several packs till to be opened so for this reason WNBA

Facial lotion, eventually UU. Took ages as I couldn't get to the bottom of the bottle and despite standing upside down would not budge. Eventually got it out, I think placing near the radiator warmed it up so loosened it. Can't remember the name, white tube, pink pump, so WNBA although I did like it.

I had 2 mini bottles of shampoo and conditioner to test. They are both UU now. No idea of make but nice nonetheless. Bottles are a decent size for decanting to take on holiday that I'm off to next month. :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • sunny_money
    Options
    * weird * My freebie Benefit Boing concealer pot with screw lid I got a few months ago: Used a couple of times, it was fine. Moved house. Opened and it has several pin holes in the concealer. Could this be caused by bugs?! :eek: Am I able to post a photo on here?
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    * weird * My freebie Benefit Boing concealer pot with screw lid I got a few months ago: Used a couple of times, it was fine. Moved house. Opened and it has several pin holes in the concealer. Could this be caused by bugs?! :eek: Am I able to post a photo on here?

Is it the newer Boing that's slightly more of a mousse? If so my guess would be that it was jostled quite a lot in the move, and they are just little air bubbles surfacing in the formula. If it was sealed it's unlikely to be bugs.
  • sunny_money
    Options
    fixx wrote: »
    Is it the newer Boing that's slightly more of a mousse? If so my guess would be that it was jostled quite a lot in the move, and they are just little air bubbles surfacing in the formula. If it was sealed it's unlikely to be bugs.

It’s the new ‘airbrush’ concealer. I do hope it is just air bubbles! Will email Benefit too.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Two UUs, one from this morning and one from the other day:

Soap & Glory The Scrub Of Your Life Body Buffer 50ml WNBA I didn't really enjoy this so I didn't reach for it often. I'm glad it's done.

Dentibrush sample WPNB. These were nice but too big for in between my teeth. Hm.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

I find the same thing happens with whipped body creams although the holes are bigger and it is just air rising up like fixx says.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have some uu

Westlab Himalayan Detox Bath Salts 1KG
    - WMBA as they do ease aching muscles but the chunks are so big that many of them don't dissolve even in very hot water.

Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask - I like this and find it gentle but effective and you get a lot of uses out of the tube, it does have a strong smell which I think is Camphor so might not appeal to everyone. WBA

Imperial Leather Foamburst Spicy Ginger & Orange - WBA, gorgeous and smelt just like Christmas.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options

You can post a picture here after uploading it to Imgur and then post the link here. Could feel fiddly at first but Google has instructions on how to do it.
    dolly84 wrote:
    Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask - I like this and find it gentle but effective and you get a lot of uses out of the tube, it does have a strong smell which I think is Camphor so might not appeal to everyone. WBA

Recently found out about this and reviews were good. I might buy it at some point but of course I have too many masks at the moment :o
    ally.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have an UU - Garnier Honey Treasures Shampoo. This was a freebie and I did like it for everyday use. Especially when my hair feels a bit dry, it helped. WMBA next time I need an everyday shampoo.

Ps: Not to enable or anything but Merumaya has 3 for 2 on everything. I'm loving their Retinol surfacing treatment and will get Iconic Youth Serum next time.
    ally.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have a few INs to report:

Superdrug Calm Skin Blemish Rescue Gel 15ml
    Superdrug Calm Skin Refreshing Facial Spritz 100ml
    Superdrug Calm Skin Hydrating 2 in 1 Serum & Moisturiser 50ml
    Sensodyne Repair & Protect Toothpaste 75ml
    Impulse Tease Body Spray 75ml

I need to stop buying things. I do plan on selling a few items in my stash that I don't want to use or can't use, so I'll have some OUTs soon to make up for it. I wanted to try the new Superdrug skincare line, and the toothpaste is a back up ready for when my current one runs out soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure