IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

11 minutes = £100? - Aire Street Leeds - Parking Eye

Options
124»

Comments

• kwharton
    Options
    Can anyone help please? I parked at the Aire Street car park in Leeds at 5.30 pm and left around 11.00. The charges were £2.00 per hour or part thereof until six, and £5.50 for the period between 6.00 and 8.00 the following morning. Accordingly I paid £2.00 for the part of an hour until six and £5.50 for the period after six, so bought a ticket for £7.50. I then received through the post a parking charge notice for £100. Apparently, I should have bought one ticket for £2.00 and a separate ticket for £5.50. In buying a single ticket I broke the conditions despite paying the correct amount. I appealed to POPLA who rejected my case saying that I did not follow the car park operator’s  conditions. I am very unwilling to pay £100 given that I paid the correct fee in the first place and merely made an ‘admin error’. Can anyone suggest what, if anything, I should do next? Thank you  
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

hi, and welcome to the forum ........

there will be plenty for you to read up on ...

go to the newbies thread/ discussion

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

dealing with more that one enquiry per thread/ discussion
     only leads to confusion

then visit the start page

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

where you will find the 'new thread button  ' 'new discussion'

Oh ... and using a phone to browse the site can cause problems.. so please try a laptop/PC

other useful info

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the 'red' search button at the top of this page (and most other pages)   Put your key word(s) in.
    Using advanced will give more options. Do not  read any threads more than a year or so old as they may well have outdated info.

NEWBIES - HOW TO UPLOAD LINKS TO PHOTOS/SCANS TO MSE

To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Imurg or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've a few posts under their belt.

Ralph B)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure