Options

Comments

• surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 October 2019 at 4:35PM
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I love the COOP convenience stores as they have a range of lovely fresh food, besides all the other stuff you expect to find in a convenience store. There are over 4,000 of them - it's hard to imagine that anybody never shopped there, if only just once in their lives ;). When joining the COOP, you are not being asked to prove anything so it'd be hard to tell even a white lie. The only thing LCU want to know is your COOP membership number.

Totally agree. Already a member of the CoOp, and its amazing how much they squeeze into their little supermarkets. Definitely prefer going there if I only need a few bits.
    The LCU have asked for proof of my address, but not my Co-Op membership number? Maybe its because my employer is based in the City of London.
    The weekly direct debit option will be handy for my Co-Op account, as I'm looking to do away with my Post Office accounts, and help out those which credit unions try to help at the same time.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I love the COOP convenience stores as they have a range of lovely fresh food, besides all the other stuff you expect to find in a convenience store. There are over 4,000 of them - it's hard to imagine that anybody never shopped there, if only just once in their lives ;). When joining the COOP, you are not being asked to prove anything so it'd be hard to tell even a white lie. The only thing LCU want to know is your COOP membership number.

You've encouraged me to look on the Co-op website - and there aren't any co-ops near here. I'd have to go much further than the usuals.

I do remember that the London suburb where I was brought up's high street was about 10% Co-op. I bet it isn't now.

As for fibbing, you've seen the quote. It would just be between you and your conscience, then...:)
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 December 2019 at 7:57PM
    Options
    Desperate times...:)

Actually, with the demise of BoS and Club Lloyds bank account savings rates, I'm left with plenty of unused DDs.

Can't be alone in this?
  • Notepad_Phil
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »

Actually, with the demise of BoS and Club Lloyds bank account savings rates, I'm left with plenty of unused DDs.

Can't be alone in this?

I'm keeping my going for the time being - with the way savings rates are going it could be that these accounts will start to become useful again.

However I wouldn't be critical of anyone who decided to just jack them in.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm keeping my going for the time being - with the way savings rates are going it could be that these accounts will start to become useful again.

However I wouldn't be critical of anyone who decided to just jack them in.
    Same here.

In fact I'm back to using the Hfax/BoS already, at least short term due to maturing RSs...
  • pantaiema
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »

Can't be alone in this?

You are not alone. I have more than 10 Unused DDs.
  • FUrake
    FUrake Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://littledebits.co.uk/Direct-Debits-and-Charity
    does anyone have any info about this site? im wondering if I setup 2 direct debits for £1 each will this actually count towards having 2 DDs for the nationwide refer a friend switch offer? the reason I ask is they will be from the same company name, same date and same amount, would that look a bit strange? im paranoid nationwide will end up just counting this as 1 DD, if the £1 is taken twice in 2 separate transactions will I be fine?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FUrake said:
    does anyone have any info about this site? im wondering if I setup 2 direct debits for £1 each will this actually count towards having 2 DDs for the nationwide refer a friend switch offer? the reason I ask is they will be from the same company name, same date and same amount, would that look a bit strange? im paranoid nationwide will end up just counting this as 1 DD, if the £1 is taken twice in 2 separate transactions will I be fine?
    You are on much safer grounds if you have DDs for a couple of credit cards in your name. 
  • finspaniard
    Options
    FUrake said:
    There are few phone apps that use direct debit and they are very easy to use: Plum, Oval, Moneybox 
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 February 2020 at 10:25AM
    Options
    There are few phone apps that use direct debit and they are very easy to use: Plum, Oval, Moneybox 
    Are these FSCS protected? A quick look at the Moneybox help shows they are a bit dodgy as they claim that S&S ISAs may be covered for up to £85,000 of financial loss. This is obviously false information. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback