What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 16th October?

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks, Dawn, raspberries and garlic it is!

I have a small bay tree in what was going to be my herb window box until I discovered it would take a pneumatic drill to attack brackets where I wanted it so it's sitting on the floor still! I'm not sure what in there will make it through the winter so I guess I'll just wait and see! I know rosemary and mint will but I'm not so sure about basil, parsley, fennel etc.

My slow cooker dinner ended up being a pack of YS smoked haddock with a tin of mushroom soup, some frozen sweetcorn and a knob of butter. I served it with mashed potato, it was bloomin' lovely! The cat agreed as she licked my almost empty plate clean, including bits of leftover sweetcorn.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ooh, on a moneysaving note...

A local builders merchant has erected a sign on a grass verge near my house, it has taken them three attempts as the first two fell over in the wind :rotfl: (not the best advertisement for them :D ) The good news is that they had an awful lot of off cuts after so many attempts which they just left on the grass which are now all in my woodpile :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2017 at 3:00PM
    Options
    Morning :) awwwww it's so good to be today - I am now off of work for 11 days :j and only had to use 3 days al due to pt hours :T

Actually work has been quite tough again this last week - a lot of people suffering and not loads I can do to alleviate it or for one reason or another they are not in the place to proactively work with me. I really love some of my job, but emotionally it can take its toll...

I actually have about an hour of work I need to do to make sure everything is as up to date as it can be, so am going to get that done today and get it off of my mind so I can relax properly without it being on my mind ;)

yesterday I managed another NSD so now at 11 this month :cool:

Things to do today:

* oh going out for the day so me and madam again - planning a home day :D so games, crafts, playing
    * list 2 things on fleabay - trying to make madam's xmas gift personal spends neutral :think:
    [STRIKE]* need to walk to village and get a prescription[/STRIKE] actually had to drive due to rain
    [STRIKE]* might walk on to the allotment and pick raspberries :T[/STRIKE]
    * knit 2nd sock :T have cast on last night, but my eyes were tired so I was having trouble counting the stitches! :o of the joys of getting older :rotfl:
    * all meals from stores - check meal plan
    * 49p ys pizza for me and madam :)
    *[STRIKE] write meal plan for next week[/STRIKE] ha ha need 2 things other than the usual milk, bread, fruit :money:
    * will do some baking with madam - I fancy making cinnamon rolls :cool:
    [STRIKE]* couple of loads of washing & hang on dryer[/STRIKE]

last night we discovered there were 2 episode of Vikings S4 we hadn't watched :j so that was a rare treat :D

Ok have a great day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    FVD I have grown onions in a tub, but large ones. Came out ok. Would have grown bigger in ground as space limited.

I have winter lettuce to grow and will be getting onions, shallots and garlic :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Hope you are all doing well :beer:

Foxgloves - I've got my 2018 'bujo' ready too :) Had enough of this year already so I'm raring to go. :o

I'm working job#2 next week * 3 - £100 for the holiday fund :)

I've sorted YNAB out a little - getting categories how I really want them (only been using it for 2 years :rotfl:)

Off to the NHS dentist today :T

Hopefully getting on with the kitchen decorating today... :o

Got some beef out of the freezer to defrost so hopefully that'll be good for tomorrow...

Catch up soon!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Thanks, Dawn, raspberries and garlic it is!

I have a small bay tree in what was going to be my herb window box until I discovered it would take a pneumatic drill to attack brackets where I wanted it so it's sitting on the floor still! I'm not sure what in there will make it through the winter so I guess I'll just wait and see! I know rosemary and mint will but I'm not so sure about basil, parsley, fennel etc.

Your bay tree would get too big for a window box FVD, but will make a nice feature on its own in a pot maybe with some bulbs planted round it? Parsley usually goes through the winter ok but basil won't, (though you can keep one on the kitchen windowsill - smells lovely :))

Thyme is a good one for growing outside and is good in a window box :)
  • uphillstruggler
    uphillstruggler Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 22 October 2017 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Morning, everyone (just!) - edit - afternoon!

Hope you're all having a good day. Windy here again - times like this I wish I had a garden to hang the washing out!

Finally had a clearout of my (not very extensive) collection of beauty/makeup items. Made for a hilarious afternoon as I laughed at my former makeup choices! So much money frittered away in the past, and now items resigned to the bin (some were at least 10 years old :eek: )

Feels good after a clearout like that. The irony is I don't really wear much makeup, if at all!

Today I have/will:
    *[STRIKE]check accounts[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]post a couple of items[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]use voucher for the bus [/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]load of washing on[/STRIKE] done
    *work, work, work!

Have a super weekend,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Afternoon all :hello:

Busy, busy, busy here but all good after I spent a bit more than I would have liked over the course of the week (not really that much I just don't like spending money anymore :o) but it was far cheaper than going on holiday :). Today I have/will:

Pegged three loads of washing outside
    vacuumed and mopped all of downstairs
    vacuumed stairs
    Cleaned walls where plasterer was messy
    Popped to SM with list which was less than it would have been as we popped to a shop late last night for some milk and they were just reducing everything to 10p. Got 3 pints of organic milk, 2 trays of potato croquette, 1 macaroni cheese portion, 1 pack of pork chunks and several bread items. All duly stashed :T may have to pay them a visit again at 9pm on a Friday ;)
    Stuck to list in SM and used 3 bonus points coupons for an extra 800 points
    leftovers for lunch
    make some pastry for quiche
    reconciled CC and updated my sheet
    Update present list as some Christmas gifts I ordered arrived
    Going to a friends this afternoon, she's cooking, will ask what gifts her smalls would like for Christmas. Will take some beer for DH. I'll drive

Must get on, a few more things to do before I go out and my floor should be dry enough to walk on
  • BearPearSun
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just haven't had the time/energy to get on here much during the week. I might end up being a weekend only poster, I hope that's still okay.

Today:

》Visit bank to update name/address and put in PPI claim (fingers crossed!)
    》Buy a highstreet face moisturiser instead of replacing my £30 one...
    》B, L, D from meal plan
    》Food shopping today - stick to the list and meet hubby after work so we can use his discount card
    》Only have the heating on to dry the washing
    》Movies later using our Cineworld passes
    》Walk or use travel pass
    》Use up some leftovers
    》Take some photos for some ebay listings
    32 year old woman with a husband and 3 cats...

November 2017: -£26423
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Purps/B] you did really well with your 10p bargains, really great haul there
    BearPearSun we're a friendly bunch and always here, it's always great to hear from people whenever u can post.

The weather here is just awful. Went out before to post another birthday present and do my RM survey posting. Birthday present postage paid for by RM stamps.
    Also got my mum's birthday present using my vouchers(did a price check before I bought) at B@@ts, so not only the cheapest place to buy the perfume but extra points aswell.
    I had one more errand to do in town when I really started to get caught up in the weather getting much worse. It is horrible.
    Did my big cat food stock up yesterday and managed to use my £4 off voucher. Also bought Tesc@s own brand of custard, not only 50p cheaper than another well known brand but much nicer aswell
    Also visited family yesterday and it looks like I will stay in the petrol budget I have set myself un
    til the beginning of November.
    Any spare monies are being saved ready for the decorator coming back in November.
    Another 2 birthdays this month. Just flowers to add to one and they are all sorted.
    Apart from cat litter I shouldn't need any more shopping until the end of the month-well that's the plan anyway.
    Wrapped a couple more Christmas presents last night, just a few stragglers to do and then all done.-takes the stress out of it.
    Heating on to dry some washing
    Still dodging paperwork, must sit and do some in a minute.
    Thats about it from me.
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business