Starting over...

Options

Comments

• ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Few little bits of good news so far today - someone has informed me they've sent €250 to my account, hopefully that'll be with me tomorrow - that's enough to buy my logo, domain name and website! - and I should have at least two other invoices paid by the end of the week :beer: not huge amounts, but enough to take the immediate pressure off!

And Irish Ferries have emailed confirming they've accepted my Mr T voucher codes, so instead of them costing almost €600, they've come to a grand total of €277.75!! Which means that the business costs this week will immediately be offset by the ferry savings :j:j:j

Oh, and my CC company is offsetting all my mini payments against my minimum payment for the month so I actually don't have one this month... not sure if this is standard practice or not?

Off to a gig, I think the only thing that won't get done on my to do list is the cleaning - what a surprise!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • ladymay
    Options
    - batch cook roasted butternut squash soup Done
    - batch cook pasta sauce Done
    - bake cake Done
    - bake flapjacks Done
    - wash floors Surprise surprise, not done:rotfl:
    - keep on with the database (I've broken the back of it now) Done
    - sort out prescription Done - €55.63 :eek::eek::eek:
    - create email for uk business Not done, long story short I need my UK mobile sorted first...
    - make sure my Christmas dress still fits me Done, and it does - phew!
    - send off old insurance cert Not done as I've another thing that needs to get posted, they're ready to go first thing tomorrow
    - cost start up and marketing First stage done
    - work out Done - 20 minutes lower body
    - chase people for late payments (again) Done (it's so bloody tedious to do this every month)

I've also done three lots of laundry! Another productive day :beer:

A couple of hiccups today though - my flatmates have decided they want to move, which means I have to move if they find somewhere. Three moves in five months will have me tearing my hair out! The other thing is just a general frustration with sorting out the business - I have to get my UK number up and running before I can sort out my email, I need to sort out my email to sort the website etc; and I keep blooming flip-flopping on the new name.

I only have a few things to get done tomorrow so I'm just going to try and switch my brain off for the evening...
  • ladymay
    edited 8 November 2017 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Morning!

I've woken up tired today but luckily I'm off to see a new baby which is super exciting :D My friend lives 90 minutes away so I'm heading up to see her (with the cake and flapjack I baked yesterday), then this evening I have a Society rehearsal for carolling.

If I'm honest, I'm feeling a bit of a negativity hangover from last night but I'm going to do my best to just enjoy today.

To do today:

- PAD
    - NSD (only exception may be a glass of wine after rehearsal)
    - send off banking and insurance forms
    - update CV
    - rejig set list
    - email my pianist
    - make sure I'm organised for for rehearsals
    - work out / 10k steps
  • ladymay
    Options
    - PAD Done, £10.53 on the CC
    - NSD (only exception may be a glass of wine after rehearsal) Done, my friend got my drink so it's my round next week
    - send off banking and insurance forms Done
    - update CV Not done
    - rejig set list Done
    - email my pianist Done, rehearsal sorted
    - make sure I'm organised for for rehearsals Done
    - work out / 10k steps Done, just about!

Yesterday ended up being lovely - I spent a few hours with my friend and her new baby :happyhear still stressed out about the possibility of moving before Christmas but nothing to be done about it. I just hope my flatmates hate all the flats they're going to see tonight...

Today's plans are:

- Volunteer shift Already done
    - PAD Done, just a quid
    - NSD
    - Email / FB new musical society members
    - Bank cheque
    - Update CV
    - Workout / walk 10k steps
    - Sort more lyrics and tracks for carolling
    - Get started on flyer for UK business
    - Refasten hook and eye on dress
    - Rejig finances
    - Meeting re: December event management work
    - Gig

Another busy day!
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh no not good about your flatmates looking to move, hopefully they can hold out just a little longer. Would you be able to stay on until you leave or is that just not possible?

Good luck with your list today.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    Options
    Thanks DFD. I'm subletting the room from them (no idea if it's been ok's by the landlord or not, but I had no choice at the time) so I will have to move with them if they find somewhere... They found a lovely place today apparently but were pipped to the post. Right now I'm extremely grateful the market is so competitive!

I've managed to create more stress for myself as well - while trying to finalise the diary for next month I've realised I've double booked myself TWICE :mad: I've never done this before in my life! I can only put it down to my life being in such upheaval since July. I pride myself on my organisation and I'm so blooming annoyed with myself. Currently waiting on a few call backs so one way or another I'm hoping I'll have it sorted by end of business tomorrow, but still - what a plank!!!

- Volunteer shift Already done
    - PAD Done, just a quid
    - NSD Done
    - Email / FB new musical society members Not done
    - Bank cheque Banked two!
    - Update CV Not done
    - Workout / walk 10k steps Nor this
    - Sort more lyrics and tracks for carolling Nope
    - Get started on flyer for UK business You can see a pattern start developing
    - Refasten hook and eye on dress Nopity nope
    - Rejig finances I actually can't do this until tomorrow when I know if my double booked gig can be rescheduled or not
    - Meeting re: December event management work Done
    - Gig Done

I wouldn't normally give up on such a long list still to do, but it's been an exhausting day and I'm admitting defeat with a cup of tea and Netflix :o
  • ladymay
    Options
    Morning!

I only slept for between 5-6 hours last night, it's going to be a long day :o but I'm heading to have dinner with a friend this evening, haven't seen him for about eight months so I'm looking forward to a catch up (won't be a NSD, however!). Only other spend planned for today is filling up the car - diesel has gone up 4c per litre this week so it'll be painful :eek:

Any hoo, my to do list looks like this:

- reschedule / cancel my dumb dumb double bookings (still annoyed with myself)
    - connect with members of Musical Society
    - update CV
    - Sort lyrics and tracks for carolling
    - Refasten hook and eye on dress
    - Rejig finances
    - Start on PDF version of flyer
    - Blitz room
    - PAD
    - Gig
    - Fill up car

Alright, let's do this!
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! Just came across your diary. How exciting to be making such a big change. Fingers crossed it all goes well :)
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • ladymay
    Options
    Hi Pauper1, thanks so much for the good wishes. Exciting times indeed! Eight weeks today I move back to the UK :j
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Fingers crossed that your room mates move doesn't happen until after you have left then! Its a shame they can't hang on until just after Christmas, I don't think I would want to be moving at this time of year.

I hope you're not too stressed out with everything going on, the bookings you can sort out, its done now and we can't travel back in time so we just have to deal with these things as best we can.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport