IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

AM Parking Services Ltd Parking Ticket

Options
mrodg
mrodg Posts: 23 Forumite
edited 27 November 2017 at 9:46AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi, I hope you are doing well. On the 23/09/2017 a windscreen ticket from AM Parking Services was applied to a vehicle of which I am the registered keeper of. It was in a University Accommodation Car Park in Gillingham. The fine is £100 reduced to £60 if payed within 14 days. The contravention was that the driver allegedly overstayed the the 2 hour limit. Is there a chance of me as the registered keeper of the vehicle fighting this back and getting myself out of paying this extortionate fine?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, near the top of this forum , thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a chance of me fighting this back and [STRIKE]getting myself out of paying this extortionate fine?[/STRIKE] telling the scammers to go swivel?

Just to adjust your thinking here...please read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mrodg
    Options
    Hi Guys thanks for your quick reply having read the FAQs this is what I got:

1.Complain to the Land Owner in this Case it would be the University Kent; what should I complain to them about?

2. AM Parking Services is part of the BPA. so on the 26th day after receiving the PCN I should Appeal to them as the keeper. TO engage them and hopefully have them forget about the NTK

3.Make the first appeal in order to get a code for POPLA; SO what ground could I actually appeal on here?

4.For the Second stage - the POPLA appeal it says "See separate post #3 below for how to appeal to POPLA" I cant find this post so i am not sure how the POPLE appeal should look like .\

Please can you confirm if the steps I mentioned above are the correct ones to take? and also please answer the question I left?

Appreciate the help and thanks in advance.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 October 2017 at 9:48PM
    Options
    mrodg wrote: »
    3.Make the first appeal in order to get a code for POPLA; SO what ground could I actually appeal on here?
    You tell us you've read the newbies thread.

Did you not see in the very first post on that thread a sample appeal?

There are two. Send the one appropriate to your PPC.
    I'll leave you to work out which one to send.
    No need to add anything to it or adjust it.
    Just send it.

4.For the Second stage - the POPLA appeal it says "See separate post #3 below for how to appeal to POPLA" I cant find this post so i am not sure how the POPLE appeal should look like .\
    Here's a clue:
    This post is post #5 of this thread.

With that knowledge, surely you can find out which is post #3 of a thread where you have already read, and quoted from, post #1?
  • mrodg
    Options
    Okay following KeithP advice I will get the appeal template for BPA approved PPC and send it off so that they can receive it by the 18th of October which will be the 25th day from receiving the PCN.

AM Parking Services provide two options for appealing one in letter and by email; which would you recommend is best?
  • KeithP
    edited 11 October 2017 at 7:35PM
    Options
    AM Parking Services provide two options for appealing one in letter and by email; which would you recommend is best?
    Surely you saw the lines immediately above that blue text you plan to send?

Here it is again:
    Template appeal for BPA members - copy this wording into the online appeal box or into an email:
    And immediately following that blue text it says:
    NO NEED TO USE YOUR REAL SIGNATURE - BUT DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE BECAUSE THE APPEAL CANNOT GET LOST AND YOU CAN KEEP A SCREEN PRINT. USE ANY EMAIL APPEAL OPTION IF FIRMS OFFER IT.
  • mrodg
    Options
    Appeal sent today as per the the newbies sticky and KeithP's advise. Now awaiting to hear back from them.
  • mrodg
    edited 20 November 2017 at 6:46PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone, thanks for your help so far. AM parking services replied today and this was their response:

"I refer to your recent appeal regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued on 23rd September 2017.

In exercising our discretion to cancel a parking charge notice, the circumstances detailed in your representations have been considered and all reasons for appeal have been taken into consideration. However, on this occasion I cannot find any compelling grounds on which to cancel the PCN, the vehicle received a PCN for overstaying the free parking time limit as per the signage. There is ample signage within the car park informing motorists of the Terms & Conditions for parking. I have looked at photographic evidence of the vehicle and I have enclosed some of our photographic evidence for your perusal. In section 18.1 of the British Parking Association (BPA) Code of Practice it states that “In all cases, the driver’s use of the land will be governed by your terms and conditions”. We as an approved operator of the BPA have provided this by evidence of the signage on site, informing the motorist to the full terms available within the car park. When entering private land where parking is permitted, the motorist is entering into a contract with us by remaining on this land. The terms and conditions of this land are displayed around this area. It is essential that these terms are adhered to in order to avoid a PCN, a contract was formed and you did not keep to the parking conditions to which a PCN was issued. The signage in the 2 hour free parking bays clearly state terms & conditions for parking. The onus is on the driver to read the signage and by parking your vehicle there you agree to the terms and conditions.

I would like to advise that the PCN was issued correctly as our Parking Enforcement Officer has observed the vehicle in question parked over the free parking time limit and the Signage that is displayed in the area where vehicle **** *** was parked is fully BPA compliant and informs all motorists that it is 2 HOUR FREE PARKING, NO RETURN WITHIN 3 HOURS. We cannot confirm the arrival or departure time of vehicle **** *** only the date and time it was first noted parked whilst parked in a 2 HOUR FREE PARKING bay and the date and time of which the PCN was applied to the vehicle. PCN ****** was issued on 23rd September 2017 and allows for twenty eight days including the date of issue to pay £100 or a reduced amount of £60 would be accepted if paid within 14 days. On appraisal of the evidence there are insufficient grounds for waiving the PCN on this occasion. We are authorised to accept a payment of £60, we have kept the reduced payment amount in place until Friday 22nd December 2017.

Please contact 0845 519 2773 and make arrangements for the payment of PCN ****** or Secure online payment can be made through PayPal via *their website* and following the link ‘Payments’ or payment can be sent via crossed cheque or postal order made payable to AM Parking Services Ltd and sent to AM Parking Services Ltd, Payments, PO Box 1260, Kent, ME14 9LZ, please write the reference stated above on the reverse of the cheque. If the reduced payment of £60 or no further appeal via POPLA has been received by Friday 22nd December 2017 then PCN ****** will increase to its original amount of £100 and will be passed to a third party Debt Recovery Company where additional charges may be applied. We have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. You have a right to appeal via POPLA within 28 days from the date of this letter, using our verification code which is ***/***/*/***. By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.’ Once you have appealed to POPLA you should be aware that you are no longer entitled to the reduced amount and that the full amount of £100 is then payable if you are unsuccessful. "
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Now read up on popla appealing in the Newbies FAQ
  • KeithP
    Options
    Mrodg, it would be a good idea to remove the PCN number from your latest post, and unless you're happy for some-one else to appeal on your behalf - perhaps admitting everything - you might want to remove your PoPLA code too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure