Options

Comments

• catwoman73
    catwoman73 Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Warnesy4 wrote: »
    Is this information accurate?

I'm due to fly out on Sunday with Ryanair and fly back on the 15th with monarch. Are you sure this is the right info as I'm not sure if I should fly out.?

Cheers
    If you are flying out with Ryanair and coming back with Monarch, it sounds like you have booked it all yourself direct with the airlines, in which case, it is up to you to look for an alternative flight home.

The only people who are being brought back to the UK on flights arranged for them are people who were already away yesterday morning and were on a package holiday. Everyone else has to make their own arrangements and seek refunds from their payment provider and/or travel insurance if covered.

https://monarch.caa.co.uk/customers/i-have-a-future-booking-and-have-not-travelled-yet/
  • Davidnotmark
    Davidnotmark Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2017 at 7:29AM
    Options
    I booked Monarch flights through lastminute.com in June. Last minute have emailed me and said I should write to airline administrators - KMPG and have given me their address, whilst the other advice I've read is to go through the bank and use charge back to reclaim the lost money? Which do you think is the best way to go about this?

Also - I made two payments - one from a UK bank and another from a bank abroad - do I go about asking them to use charge back in the same way I would for a UK bank?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ....I made two payments - one from a UK bank....

If the payment was £100 or more, then do a s75 claim.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • danielson81
    Options
    Has anyone heard anything from LastMinute.com? I have a ATOL package with Monarch flights.

I note Expedia and Thomas Cook etc have more informative pages.
  • Chillimonster
    Options
    Spent 1 1/2 hours on hold yesterday morning as i am in the same boat (Package to benidom from 9th to 13th october with monarch flights)

Was told that we will hear something by wednesday regarding what they will be proposing.

I asked if they could bump me onto other flights while they were available and they said that at the moment, they cannot do that, but would confirm within 48 hours (Wednesday)

So its a waiting game, but pretty much resigned to not getting away :-(
    LBM = 10/10/10
    Debt at [STRIKE]14/10/10 = £56936.28[/STRIKE] --- 17/04/12 = £49673.01

You cannot eat an elephant in one mouthful, just take a bite at a time!
  • shaneandtina
    Options
    My parents were given a credit note by Monarch last year when they were unable to travel due to my Dad having a hip replacement.

Will they be able to reclaim the credit note value?

Thank you
  • MisterP123
    MisterP123 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to speak to lastminute last night. Package booked through them with Monarch flights. I'd already booked alternative flights yesterday morning as they were disappearing fast, shooting up in price and couldn't get through to lastminute.

Sounds like the only available option I have is a full cancellation and either re-book the hotel or seek alternative accommodation. They weren't looking to refund my flights only, I understand this is due to their ATOL protection not giving it as an option. I'm going to email the hotel direct to see what it will cost me to re-book my room direct with them if it comes to a full cancellation. At the moment the hotel has no rooms available.

So significantly out of pocket at the moment, but I'm going on this holiday come hell or high water!

To echo the above, they're supposed to be getting back to me within a few days to discuss my options, they've been prioritising those who are due to fly imminently.

I'm due to fly a fortnight today.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My parents were given a credit note by Monarch last year when they were unable to travel due to my Dad having a hip replacement.
    Will they be able to reclaim the credit note value?....

Unlikely, but keep an eye on other airlines possibly offering discount for Monarch customers.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Warnesy4
    Options
    No, I have book through an ATOL credited internet based travel agents.

I have had previous replies saying if I'm due to fly back on the 15th a re arranged flight will be sorted. Can you direct me to where your contradicting information has come from please.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport