~Make upto £10 a day in October 2017 ~ everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got paid today and was expecting to be paid for some overtime I worked last month, but it hasn't been put through in time :mad:

I have asked what the cutoff date is, as I am supposed to be doing a few more hours this week, and I want to make sure it gets paid next month.

I'm trying to look at it as a good boost to next month's total but it really is infuriating!
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Had a bit of a crisis, so didn't post my eBay parcels and will do it tomorrow and add in the profit then. Still waiting for payment for one of them... probably another non payer (grr...). It is only a tiny value item, they are basically covering fees and postage, but I want rid of it from my pile of stuff!

I have managed to list 3 more items today, although 2 of them were things again I realised I didn't want whilst tidying. It feels like I am now adding more to the pile than taking out from it! I have lots of watchers on various items, so fingers crossed lots of these translate into sales.

Usually I just use eBay on the app, but logged onto the website and it shows I have £600 of items listed!! It's the dream to get rid of all of those... I could definitely use £600 (or £600 less fees)! Still got a few odd items to list which I keep putting off as generally they are either awkward or items I am not sure are worth selling and I need to investigate. I am attempting to add one item a day at the moment to try and shift everything. Still got half the month left though, so I am hopeful of some more sales, although I guess we'll see if I meet my target.
    2024 decluttering: 9,461 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅🏅⭐️
    May mini kitchen declutter challenge: 25/25
    May/June mini clothes declutter challenge: 135/200
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • QueenJess
    Options
    Oh - forgot to say that I did squeeze in time to renew my breakdown insurance. I was going to chop and change each year to get a cashback deal and get the amount down to what I consider reasonable, but I rang them to cancel and I explained it is cheaper for me to change to their main competitor as I would be a new customer and then could use TopCashback. They then magically reduced my fee to basically the same amount so I would stay with them.

I hate this sort of stuff as it suggests that if they do it that easily, we are all being screwed. I did find it interesting though that they matched the cashback offer. I understand when they match other people's prices. Maybe things have moved on a bit and so many people use them these days - I just don't have the sort of things you need to ring up and negotiate on very often. Anyway.. thought it might be useful info.

Not adding this to my total as it actually doesn't come out till November and technically I had only budgeted for this smaller amount anyway!
  • cufc_mike
    Options
    Citizen Me £0.10
    MB £14.24
    Total: £14.34

Did another WhatUsersDo test tonight, first one I've managed in a while. Checked my Dash and I'm expecting £20 on the 25th, that will be a nice little boost when it comes :)
  • cufc_mike
    Options
    That's typical - feeling better in time for work 😀

Would you say matched betting is very time consuming?

I've thought about doing it before but it seems a lot to understand.

It can be as time consuming as you want it to be. The more money you are prepared to throw at it, the more time consuming it can be, but the more money you can make. I won't discuss it too much because I know it's frowned upon a little bit on here.

I pay £15 a month to be part of a site, but bear in mind in 2.5 months I've made over £900 from MB, I'd say that's value for money.

Some people on those sites gamble. I don't. I focus 100% on risk free options (there is still an element of risk if you don't place your bets quick enough). Granted I don't make as much as many others do, but it's enough for me. I hit my £10 a day target, so I'm happy with that.

If you want any more info, PM me. What I would say is that I've got 15 years of using various different betting sites behind me, and a good knowledge of how it all works. That made it very easy for me to get to grips with. Others might find it a bit more daunting.

That's all I'll say - sorry Aesop :o
  • QueenJess
    Options
    I got annoyed with Vypr in the end, deleted the app and reinstalled it and it is now fine.
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My £50 cheque arrived from populous arrived yesterday so will be in my account this morning.A few bits sold on ebay but haven't worked out the profit yet. Keep up the good work everyone.
    Rosie x
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another £5.50 eBay sale! Expecting some more to sell this afternoon so we'll update my total later in the day!
  • QueenJess
    Options
    Posted my eBay parcels netting me £8.58, had £5 cashback and 20p from Citizen me (all from weekend). Now up to £176.50 for the month and I added another 2 items on the bay this morning. Fingers crossed for a bumper weekend..

Oh - I almost forgot that I just used a 1.50 coupon as well which will bring me to £178.00!

Also need to squeeze in time to look at prolific this week as I am now on £18.50, so may as well fine £1.50 extra so I can extract the cash.
  • QueenJess
    Options
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    Citizen Me £0.10
    MB £14.24
    Total: £14.34

Did another WhatUsersDo test tonight, first one I've managed in a while. Checked my Dash and I'm expecting £20 on the 25th, that will be a nice little boost when it comes :)

Ooh good point. I do these so rarely (tricky with a baby screaming in the background!) that I always forget about the payment. I am due £5 on 25th.. every little helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business