Atrixa's First Step to the Property Ladder

Replies

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurrah for the pay rise. It has made a big difference I see. Well done.
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    313 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Thanks! More good money news today. I complained to my bank a few weeks ago as they were giving incorrect info to credit agencies. After writing to them about 6 times, I gave up and finally made a complaint. Heard back today and they've sorted the error and given me £150 for the trouble! That's gone straight into my holiday fund. It's nice to see a company with a good complaints department. The letter was very nice and explained why the issue arose in the first place.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the compensation ! Its always worth complaining about poor customer service. A nice boost to your holiday fund :D
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £810.23 / £1000 (locksmith £189.77)
    Aiming to retire early in 2025 🥳
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really well done. It's good to fight for principles and even better when you win!!!!

It's cold here I hope you have ok weather.
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    313 Posts
    ✭✭
    Quick update:

I'm around 17% of the way through with my house savings.
    Holiday fund currently has £245 in it. I'll be going to London for 2 nights in January then hopefully Brussels in March.

I'm running a 10K race next week, which will be my first one. I'm hoping for 1 hr 10 mins. I was aiming for under 1hr, but I've had a rotten cold which really disrupted my training.
  • pinknsparklypinknsparkly Forumite
    515 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    17% is amazing news Atrixia, congratulations!!!

And good luck with the run next week. I seem to have entered hiberation-mode and am refusing to go outside unless absolutely necessary so think I might have to resort to using my exercise bike inside than kidding myself that I'll go for a run at some point :D
    MFW2021 challenge #99: £5,651.64 / £4,200
    MFiT-T5 (Jan 2019 - Jan 2022) challenge #99: £30,587.13 / £30,000
    Initial MF date (18th Dec 2018): Jan 2054 Current MF date: Oct 2049
    Last updated: 07/12/2021
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    313 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thank you! I don't blame you, I'm thinking I'll need some sort of bribery to get me out now the dark nights are here.
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    313 Posts
    ✭✭
    Savings still ticking along nicely for the house. I'm doing Christmas as cheaply as possible this year. I'm very encouraged by ML's unnecessary presents speech. I've gotten presents down to the bare minimum but I've also budgeted in a food bank donation.

Other updates - I did my 10k race in Newcastle at the beginning of November. I was very pleased with the time and also raised some money for charity. I then came down with shingles so I've only ran twice since then. I have high hopes for December being better but the weather will be a challenge.
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fab news on the run. Well done. The shingles flippin heck that's serious I hope you are getting better and happy pay day.
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    313 Posts
    ✭✭
    Aww, thanks Wannabe, I am completely healed now except for some marks on my torso. It was very unpleasant for about a week, but it cleared up fine.

Just got my early December pay- do other companies do this? I find it easier to manage my money if it's just paid as normal, but I'm sure lots of people find it very helpful. I had a bit of a windfall this week- my energy company worked out my bill and I got over £100 as a refund! That's gone into my holiday fund for Brussels in the spring. I've also managed to get a reasonable hotel and trains down to London to see Hamilton in January, so I'm very excited for that.

House savings are just as normal, I always pay those in first so I don't have to think about it :)

Merry Christmas, everyone!