Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That wasn't what I intended, but I'll keep the copyright if you please :rotfl:

You're welcome I hope it makes you rich :rotfl: :rotfl:.
    I don't like any alcohol, but I've been making marzipan - now THAT is to die for !!!

I've never liked marzipan. I guess it's one of those things people love or hate :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi HH

I am in full procrastinating mood at the moment.

Cheesy Christmas movies - check
    Mugs of tea - check

Oh and that will be it for the day!

I didn't sleep at all last night so I'm doing my best to stay awake, working on the principal I should then sleep tonight.

You sound so busy even if you don't realize it.

I don't know if you remember I had three counselling sessions back in March. I really liked the counsellor but at the end of the second one, he told me that my situation was too complex and he would refer me to a consultant psychologist. Well I have the appointment on the Friday between Christmas and New Year.

I have started to map out some issues I would like to examine. With these services so stretched, I don't quite know what I will be offered.

I only have ten days or so till I return and just that thought means I am off to get a mug of teas.

Keep on keeping on
    Take care, thinking of you
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you enjoy your Christmas films and cups of tea Pauline :) and that you sleep tonight.

Good luck with your psychologist appointment too, I'm sure it will be really helpful :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Not a marzipan fan here either!!

Hope you sleep tonight Pauline. xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I think my last YouGov payout arrived 9 days after I requested it. Hope you get the money tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Lucky :). It's been eight days so maybe it will come tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    [QUOTE=HairyHandofDartmoor;75148528]Thanks Lucky :). It's been eight days so maybe it will come tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Mine came within 7 days:j. My £50 Populus redemption cheque should be posted to me within the next couple of weeks but with Christmas looming and then banks being closed I doubt it will be safely in my current account and available to spend by the end of the year:(
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Mine came within 7 days:j. My £50 Populus redemption cheque should be posted to me within the next couple of weeks but with Christmas looming and then banks being closed I doubt it will be safely in my current account and available to spend by the end of the year:(

It will give you something to look forward to in the new year Carboot :).
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Chocolate last about five seconds in my house,I regularly buy a family size bar of fruit and nut to eat over the weekend but it never makes it past Saturday night
    I put my wreath on the door today,I buy a fresh Turkish one from the farmers market every year,it's very pretty this year with lots of different coloured berries and pine cones,the greenery on them looks like olive leaves but I'm not sure what it is to be honest,I've used a plastic stick on hook this year so I'm hoping it stays up and doesn't fall off
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2018 at 10:24PM
    Options
    I don't like any alcohol, but I've been making marzipan - now THAT is to die for !!!

I want marzipan now. :o and I have an open box of it in the kitchen :j I keep it in the baking cupboard rather than the sweetie cupboard as eating it from there means its almonds, eating ut from the sweetie cupboard means its sweeties :p

Off to get a slice..... or two:D

Daisy xxx

Just read the posts of people saying they dont like marzipan (:question:) means there's more for us Elizabeth :D
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback