Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Iceland is amazing, watching the Northern lights there is one of my fave moments ever.

I'm a massive reader too.

We are on a snow day today, did you get much in the end? It's melting now thankfully!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haha I can relate to some of the previous posts about catching up! This is one of the diaries that moves the fastest I think!
    Glad your DS got back safe during the last lot of snow and his travel plans sound very exciting. We're trying to take some time/money to travel a little bit more next year, as I want my children to experience the world, even though it scares me!
    I'm also really pleased that you're starting to feel back to normal. Flu can be so debilitating.
    I love reading about your Saturdays too, glad you've got them back!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    Pauper1 wrote: »
    I'm also really pleased that you're starting to feel back to normal. Flu can be so debilitating.

I love reading about them too. It's the pleasure in the little things of life that makes them so compelling.

Hubby and I and went down town today in the fast-melting snow and had a free meal at Zizzi thanks to Maximiles surveys ! Very enjoyable. It takes me about 6 months to save up enough for something like that. The previous time I had a 6 month subscription to Delicious magazine.
    At least Maximiles offers enjoyable choices, and not a load of useless 'things'. I scan my shopping for 2 companies, and Nielsen I've been doing for nearly 2 years, now accrued loads of points, and not a thing I want from their catalogue !

Hurrah for feeling better, HH !
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Lots for you to look forward to, HH:j. It will be a real tonic for you after being so ill:beer:

I'm glad you and DH stayed at home safe and warm last night:T. I hope you enjoyed whatever he cooked for you. My OH is hopeless in the kitchen. On the very rare occasions I'm out at a mealtime I usually leave him some sandwiches and there's lots of things in the freezer/fridge he just has to microwave or warm up in a pan but he ignores them:(. Well, he eats the sandwiches anyway. He can just about manage a cup-a-soup and a slice of toast if he ever caters for himself when I'm out:rotfl:. Even then I often come home to a smoky kitchen because he's burnt the toast:eek:. As for 'cooking' for me, it's never happened. Thank goodness;)

I feel like I could do with some fun :).

I think I'd enjoy anything that I didn't have to cook :). DH used to enjoy cooking before he became self employed and the family grew to five, he's what I would call an experimental cook and doesn't follow recipes.

Your OH is very dependant upon you in the food department Carboot. Whatever would he do without you? You could do a trade, I'll cook you a nice dinner if the heating goes on :rotfl:.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Finally caught up again, you can all do some talking :p :rotfl:

DS's will love going away together

Hope you have a good day

x

We're making up for lost time Wannabe :rotfl:
    jwil wrote: »
    Iceland is amazing, watching the Northern lights there is one of my fave moments ever.

I'm a massive reader too.

We are on a snow day today, did you get much in the end? It's melting now thankfully!

I would LOVE to see the Norther Lights!

We had some heavy snow on Sunday morning but by the time DS2 woke up it had all melted :rotfl:
    Pauper1 wrote: »
    Haha I can relate to some of the previous posts about catching up! This is one of the diaries that moves the fastest I think!
    Glad your DS got back safe during the last lot of snow and his travel plans sound very exciting. We're trying to take some time/money to travel a little bit more next year, as I want my children to experience the world, even though it scares me!

Thanks Pauper :). Where would you like to travel?

I enjoy my Saturdays but they're not very exciting imo :huh:
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I love reading about them too. It's the pleasure in the little things of life that makes them so compelling.

Hubby and I and went down town today in the fast-melting snow and had a free meal at Zizzi thanks to Maximiles surveys ! Very enjoyable. It takes me about 6 months to save up enough for something like that. The previous time I had a 6 month subscription to Delicious magazine.
    At least Maximiles offers enjoyable choices, and not a load of useless 'things'. I scan my shopping for 2 companies, and Nielsen I've been doing for nearly 2 years, now accrued loads of points, and not a thing I want from their catalogue !

Hurrah for feeling better, HH !

Your free meal sounds lovely Elizabeth. Don't you think free food always tastes nicer? :rotfl:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. I feel a lot better than I did last Monday!

I was fed up while I was ill at all the potential surveys I was missing. Well on Friday I got three PA surveys, one of which was for £4 :T.

And today, I've done eleven surveys :T:T:T. They just kept on coming! One was for £4 and three of them were for £2.50 each! I couldn't believe it :D. So I now have £11.60 balance and £16.95 pending :beer:.

I also did a YG prize draw survey so another chance to win £2000 (I wish!).

Apart from that I just worked, but I'm been more productive than last week.

It's been sunny but very cold today.

I hope everyone has had a good Monday :).
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely day HH

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Very lucrative anyway, I'm going to add it to my birthday money and buy some clothes :D. Screw the bills!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Not very MSE but you only get one birthday a year :o.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure