🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I felt like I was on day release from prison

this made me smile :A

Glad you got out, and hoping its all smooth running tomorrow for his return.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All good news then HH , glad you got out for a while. As Wannabe says the weather here is ok now .
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    this made me smile :A

Glad you got out, and hoping its all smooth running tomorrow for his return.
    All good news then HH , glad you got out for a while. As Wannabe says the weather here is ok now .

Thanks both :).

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 9 pounds in the last three weeks :T. Only 5 pounds off my target weight :j. However I feel a bit flabby and untoned so I need to do brisk walking and vigorous housework when I've got my energy back.

DS2 has napped this afternoon and is getting another free dinner tonight. I reckon he's eating better than we are :rotfl:.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,780 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on your weight.
    As I have been eating for Scotland this week I am going in the wrong direction :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great news on your weight.
    As I have been eating for Scotland this week I am going in the wrong direction :eek:

It's the cold weather :(
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,780 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It's the cold weather :(

Sadly it is :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What a relief for you all that DS got his hotel room and he is being well fed!

Good news on the weight loss. It’s the only upside of being poorly isn’t it?

And you sound like you enjoyed your outing - nice to get out in the fresh air again - even though it’s cold!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope today’s journey goes to plan, and you all get back soon safely Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,608 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    At least the weight loss is a plus for being ill :) Reminds me of one post Christmas weigh in at WW when the only person who lost weight was a woman who'd had gastric flu all over Christmas. Everyone was so envious but the poor woman had had a terrible time.

Hopefully you'll be back stepping it out soon xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What a relief for you all that DS got his hotel room and he is being well fed!

Good news on the weight loss. It’s the only upside of being poorly isn’t it?

And you sound like you enjoyed your outing - nice to get out in the fresh air again - even though it’s cold!
    Hope today’s journey goes to plan, and you all get back soon safely Xx
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    At least the weight loss is a plus for being ill :) Reminds me of one post Christmas weigh in at WW when the only person who lost weight was a woman who'd had gastric flu all over Christmas. Everyone was so envious but the poor woman had had a terrible time.

Hopefully you'll be back stepping it out soon xx

Thanks all :).

Yes weight loss is the only silver lining in having flu, but I don't recommend it as it was a ghastly experience :eek:.

I've never felt so ill apart from when my appendix burst and I recovered from that in two weeks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport