Aerolite Luggage Guarantee

Options
I have Aerolite suitcases which have a 10 year warranty against defects in material and workmanship (not airline damage).

The stitching on one of my suitcases has come apart and it is less than 3 years old. I have the product tags and the original receipt but I cannot find a contact address or email for Aerolite.

Does anyone have any information or can give any advice? As I see it now, the only option I have is to take the suitcase back to the shop where it was bought.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    Aerolite is a brand owned by USB International.

http://usbinternational.com/about-us/

Contact them at http://usbinternational.com/contact-us/
  • malid
    malid Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for your swift and useful response - much appreciated.

Cheers
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Good luck with your claim. If you remember, it might help others if you post the results back here.
  • malid
    Options
    I have set the ball rolling and will definitely report back here. Let's see if this guarantee is worth the paper it's written on.

Thanks
  • potpan
    Options
    I purchase 2 Aerolite Bags 2 years ago. The stitching has torn & USB International Ltd. has agreed to replace. they want to charge me shipping form UK. to USA for more than I paid for the luggage. They are inflexible they won't ship to my original store Burlington Coat factory. Any suggestions?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    potpan wrote: »
    I purchase 2 Aerolite Bags 2 years ago. The stitching has torn & USB International Ltd. has agreed to replace. they want to charge me shipping form UK. to USA for more than I paid for the luggage. They are inflexible they won't ship to my original store Burlington Coat factory. Any suggestions?

If you are claiming under their guarantee then you are bound by the terms of it. If they say you ned to pay shipping then that's what you need to pay.
  • malid
    Options
    I had the same response from the company so useless. I decided to take them back to the shop - success.

Take the luggage back to the store where you bought them. That's what I did in the UK on two different occasions and to different stores. No quibble the first one - money back immediately. Second one tried to fob me off but I stood my ground and got the full refund.

Sale of goods act may be different in the UK but worth a try. Good luck.
  • Backbiter
    Backbiter Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 August 2018 at 12:23AM
    Options
    I've had the exact same issue with my Aerolite bag as the OP. Bought a large case in July 2016 for £55, and barely than two years later the stitching is giving out. I have the receipt and guarantee, and took it back to the shop I bought it from. They said their shop guarantee only runs for 12 months, and told me to contact the manufacturer to claim on their 10 year warranty.
    The warranty certificate - which has to be presented along with the receipt - contains no contact details whatsoever. I think I'll go back to the shop and request the details from them. Hopefully they'll agree to sort it out for me. The terms on their warranty say nothing about having to ship the item at the customer's expense.

Edit: just found this, which sounds promising, as they have an Essex address.
    http://usbinternational.com/warranty/
    It does say the customer has to pay delivery costs of any replacement.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Backbiter wrote: »
    I've had the exact same issue with my Aerolite bag as the OP. Bought a large case in July 2016 for £55, and barely than two years later the stitching is giving out. I have the receipt and guarantee, and took it back to the shop I bought it from. They said their shop guarantee only runs for 12 months, and told me to contact the manufacturer to claim on their 10 year warranty.
    The warranty certificate - which has to be presented along with the receipt - contains no contact details whatsoever. I think I'll go back to the shop and request the details from them. Hopefully they'll agree to sort it out for me. The terms on their warranty say nothing about having to ship the item at the customer's expense.

Edit: just found this, which sounds promising, as they have an Essex address.
    http://usbinternational.com/warranty/
    It does say the customer has to pay delivery costs of any replacement.

Don't get mixed up with your rights.

Consumer Rights Act - The shop can ask you to prove the fault is an inherent one before providing any solution.

The warranty is extra to your consumer rights and is where you deal directly with the manufacturer.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The warranty is extra to your consumer rights and is where you deal directly with the manufacturer.

Usually, but not always ... the seller may sometimes provide the warranty support on behalf of the manufacturer. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure