IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

fluttering ticket going to court

Options

Comments

• Kirchenmaus
    Options
    Might I suggest you sprinkle a bit of empiricism of this area to backup your analytical skills.

Analytical opinion can only be formed from the sources consulted.
    I'm happy to review any additional information anyone may have about this; indeed, that is why I have continued to discuss it.

--Kirchenmaus
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I phoned up the council to try and find out who pays the Non-Domestic Rates.
    I was told as it was private land they can't help and referred me to the Land Registry to find the owner :(

Do you suggest I try phoning again?
    Which department do I talk to in the council?

(Sorry if the second question sounds obvious but hoping someone can tell me they have done this sort of thing before and can give me some tips please)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Seems they want to drag their feet on this one. Send it as a Freedom of Information request as the Council has the details you want and not the Land Registry. Sounds like you talked to one of the clueless ones.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    claxtome wrote: »
    I phoned up the council to try and find out who pays the Non-Domestic Rates.
    I was told as it was private land they can't help and referred me to the Land Registry to find the owner :(

Which department do I talk to in the council?

(Sorry if the second question sounds obvious but hoping someone can tell me they have done this sort of thing before and can give me some tips please)
    Hope this might help: there's an email address [EMAIL="revenuesandbenefits@warrington.gov.uk"]revenuesandbenefits@warrington.gov.uk[/EMAIL] which may be useful:-
    https://www.warrington.gov.uk/info/201122/open_data/1237/business_rates_data
  • claxtome
    Options
    I have emailed the council, thanks to Castle for the 2 links, today to hopefully find out who pays the non-domestic rates for the car park in question. The website link that Castle posted indicates it is not a FOI request so hope to hear back very soon.

I have to admit to being a bit lazy the last week or two but ramping things up and preparing my Skeleton very soon. Still got 6 weeks before court date. ;)

Also going over this whole thread to see if there is a possibility of sending a relevant drop hands offer depending on anything said in the last 10-20 posts in particular.

As always thanks for reading and helping me with my fight.
    Last one of 3 fights. Won the last 2 :)

BTW I am well aware there are other people who are fighting either flipped cases or cases involving ESPEL I will try to help them as well if/when I can. (Know of at least one case for the same car park as mine - mad)

I am hoping people can ref my case, when I win in court, for theirs. :)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Be sure to find a way of bringing the will of Parliament to the judge's attention.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • WireWire
    Options
    Hi claxtome

Thank you for sharing details of your case so far - very useful reading. I have a friend who I'm helping out in a similar situation on the same car park (ticket blew off in recent storms, appeal rejected despite evidence of purchase being provided).

Another point I've spotted as I've been been gathering evidence is that there are conflicting signs on the terms and conditions. In particular, I've spotted 3 different versions so far:
    - The one you've shared
    - One like the one you've shared but with the pay and display part blanked out (this is attached to the sign at the entrance to the car park)
    - One on the side of the ticket machine which states a different penalty clause (£75) and threatens clamping

I presume that all of this could be used to illustrate that signage is unclear? May be a bit late for your case now but I'd be happy to share pictures of this if it is of any use.

Good luck in your case and I look forward to hearing the outcome.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Another point I've spotted as I've been been gathering evidence is that there are conflicting signs on the terms and conditions. In particular, I've spotted 3 different versions so far:
    - The one you've shared
    - One like the one you've shared but with the pay and display part blanked out (this is attached to the sign at the entrance to the car park)
    - One on the side of the ticket machine which states a different penalty clause (£75) and threatens clamping

I presume that all of this could be used to illustrate that signage is unclear? May be a bit late for your case now but I'd be happy to share pictures of this if it is of any use.

Very useful indeed, for any case regarding this location.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • claxtome
    Options
    Thanks WireWire for the info about signage discrepancies. :)
  • claxtome
    edited 19 March 2018 at 6:40AM
    Options
    I never managed to get an answer as to who pays the non-domestic rates as unfortunately I never got a reply from council. Have had to stop pursuing this.

Been looking at the parking operator contract
    It was signed by Sean Peter O'Neill who is director of a few companies and has connections to the address of Iliad Group in Liverpool Stanley Street.
    (Iliad group are mentioned as lenders in the landowner titles for the car park)

The email on the contract mentions sean@iliadgroup.com.

The enlightening bit, which makes the document invalid in my opinion, is the company mentioned on the contract for Mr O'Neill is "Total CarPark Solutions" which can find no reference at companies house.
    Surely this means the contract is dodgy at the very least AND not legal at best?

What do people think?

Do people think a drop hands offer with this new info saying I will bring this up as a preliminary matter if it goes to court?

If it gets to court next week I will also use the tactic of the first case of the link below about signees of contracts:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5772224

The contract with redacted bits is first page of:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kof2fflbkldo0ip/11%20Claimant%20Evidence.pdf?dl=0

One of the land titles is here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8j63yhjx5mba5y/RegisterCH178919-1.pdf?dl=0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts