Flow Energy

Options

Comments

• movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This appears to be a common problem. It is mentioned on the other Flow thread on here, and on their Facebook page over and over again. In addition to not updating meter readings, neither do they respond to emails. Their explanation for not answering emails is that they are busy- to the lack of meter updating the response on Facebooks is as follows:-
    "All energy companies have under went a large system update with the gas national database. This has caused some delays in gas related inquires such as gas switches in supply and reads taking longer than usual to validate via the industry. The update was across May and June. Following this update, some smaller energy companies who use a system called ‘utilisoft’ have had to go through internal updates across July and August. While this has been happening any gas reads some customers are providing are stacking up. This is means we have to manually validate the reads to help the accounts get back on track. We are currently in the process of rectifying this.

Please rest assured, once this has been sorted, your account will correct itself of any readings we have over/under estimated. "

Well, I am not assured of anything so far. They have not managed to show any accurate meter readings after several months, and my bills have been estimated. My dealings with them are akin to banging my head against a brick wall.
  • ebc
    ebc Posts: 156 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In the other Flow thread the Flow Rep said that the September bill would be using the submitted Gas readings rather than estimates.

In my Sept bill they still used an incorrect estimate (not based on our usage last year, either).
    I've just seen that the October bill is also still using an estimate for Gas even though I submitted both gas & elec readings.

I used to work in software development and there's no way it can take 6 months to amend a bit of software to validate a reading !!!

Very disappointed with Flow but worried that if I try to move elsewhere they'll manage to screw that up if they cant get their meter reading numbers right.

Where is the Flow Rep and why don't they explain what on earth is going on.
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, you know I feel your pain and share your sentiments exactly. However, I suspect their response, even if they deigned to appear on here, would be exactly as above, ie full of excuses about some software.
  • colin79666
    colin79666 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moved to Flow last year. Was all ok until this summer when they stopped taking my gas readings and putting in estimates instead. No message on the website to explain, I guess it was related to the database change mentioned on here but I haven't seen other suppliers have so many months of issues with it.

Came near the end of the contract and their offer for renewing was not at all competitive. Switched out and one month on still waiting for our credit back and a final bill. They did phone after we put the switch in to offer us their new tariff - obviously didn't get the memo that we were already leaving.

Shame really that their systems appear to have not been able to scale when they had good offers last year and took on so many new customers. They didn't even have to be absolute cheapest but their systems issues meant we lost confidence and their new offer was just so poor we had to leave.
  • cosmos60
    Options
    We have been customers of Flow Energy since March 2017, our fixed term contract will end March 2018. I was beginning to think it was me because despite entering our electric and gas meter readings at the end of every month, more often than not our statements have shown estimated readings! It's mostly our electricity but it has also occurred with our gas account. At the beginning of our switchover it took two months and many phone calls before our direct debits started going out! We have also had a man come and read our electric meter twice in the last four months. I must admit I'm frustrated with their online account system, it's very basic and not very responsive. We were with Scottish Power before Flow and their online account system was much better, your account was updated straight away after submitting readings. I'm not convinced about staying with them after our fixed term ends. On a positive note it's always easy to contact them by phone and they are always most helpful.
  • Broadwood
    Broadwood Posts: 706 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been with Flow since December 2016 and was happy with the switch and billing until they stopped using my gas readings after the May bill. Their estimated bill has been gradually creeping ahead of my readings ever since. They're always pleasant on the phone and always assure me the problem will be fixed "soon". But "soon" still hasn't arrived.

Their login page gives these wonderful reasons to sign up with Flow.

Register now

Not registered yet?
    It only takes a few seconds, then, you'll be able to:

• View your statements and make payments online
      For a more convenient way to manage your account
    • Send us your meter readings online
      To make sure you're only billed for the energy you use
    • Amend account details
      Or let us know you're moving home
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • ebc
    Options
    Just bumping this in the hope that the Flow Rep (who posted yesterday) might like to explain why they are still ignoring submitted Gas readings and making up their own estimates...
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    edited 20 October 2017 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received, and we would like to resolve your queries with you at your earliest convenience.

Would you be kind enough to provide us with your Flow account number (via facebook direct message
    https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this for you?

We will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

Flow
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • ebc
    Options
    My account number is 21300031
    I submitted a gas reading on 30-sep-2017 of 24415.
    Today, your online system claims that my last gas reading (on 30-sep-17) was 24558.
    My last statement, dated 7-oct-17 also uses your estimate of 24558.

You having been using incorrect GAS estimates since May 2017.At the start of September you stated on this forum that the September bill would use submitted values (rather than estimates) for Gas - IT DID NOT.

The October bill also DOES NOT use the submitted GAS values either.

I am not the only person having this problem as you can see from the posts on this website, and apparently on your Facebook link. Why do you say you can look into this for me when you must already know that many, if not all, of your customers are having the same problem ???
  • spot1034
    spot1034 Posts: 819 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    And it has all gone quiet again!

Last week I happened to look at my online account and decided to give them some updated meter readings as the previous ones were not showing. I just looked again, and nothing has changed. My updated readings are not showing!

I am not being seriously inconvenienced by this but you really do wonder what the point is of having a facility for customers to supply readings if these are always ignored.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure