This Duo's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well we have been completely spoilt, my alcohol cupboard is well and truly stocked up and the house is full of toys.

Received a total of £175 in cash so today I have been having a look at what the sales had to offer. I have ordered 5 bits for me, total cost of £45 so still plenty left in my treat fund and I will probably end up returning a couple of things (I hate online shopping as you just can't truly see what things look like). Tomorrow I am heading out to have a free beauty treatment thanks to it being around my birthday.

Any money I received for DS went straight to his account, I am looking in to buying him a little moneybox to help encourage his saving so if he asks for any treats then he can get them for himself.

Today I have done something not very MSE, with being away from home over Christmas I hadn't done any food shopping, the plan was to go today but DS has been sick so I have ordered us a pizza at a total cost of £11.28.

I'm so close to being able to overpay some more off my debt, I think I receive my student finance around 6th January so will do it that day. I have figured that I have around £400 in my sealed pot which I am going to put into a savings account that I can only access by going in to the branch, this is where I am putting all my savings for the over payment. I am planning on splitting the SPC as 10% for me, 10% for DS and 80% to debts in November when it is opened so effectively the over payment debt is actually a little less than £1500 and not the £1781 that is in my current sig.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    - Clear Loan
    - Switch current account to gain reward
    - Switch energy over for cash back once warm home discount has been received
    - Pass my exams
    - Make £60 through surveys sites
    - Declutter 1 item per day
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    That's a great to do list, decluttering one item a day is good. You could always put it on eBay, or a local selling site too.

Did you have a nice Christmas? It will be nice to be able to treat yourself with the money you got as well. What have you bought so far?
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    I have loads of things to list on eBay, I am going to aim for easy things in January that I can just throw away though, purely because I don't have much time to do things each day with my exams coming up.

So far I have bought 4 tops and a casual dress. I should have added that one of the tops I was actually going to buy myself just before Christmas for £25, managed to get it today for £12!

Pizza was so disappointing, took an hour and 15 minutes to get to me and then it was stone cold. I have filled in a form online to let them know that I am not happy. I hate it when you decide to treat yourself and then its just disappointing, I would have preferred a frozen pizza if I could have got out!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Hopefully they might refund you the money then.

Love it when something you wanted at full price becomes half price x

Starting afresh.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad you treated yourself to some sale bargains with your Christmas money DFD and had a good Christmas :).

I hate it too when you have a rare treat and then it's disappointing :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    They are apparently going to send me a voucher, I am usually disappointed with vouchers because they are usually for less than the original amount spent and it just means going back to the same place but I guess I can't complain too much, at least they are doing something.

I left the house today for the first time since Christmas, thought I would browse the shops as I had an appointment for a free beauty treatment. I ended up arriving at the store 5 minutes late because of the snow, there was nobody around anywhere near the area where my appointment was and then DS was sick all over me and himself. Ended up leaving the store before anyone bothered to notice I was there, went to clean us both up, one lovely lady went off to get us something better than toilet roll to clean ourselves up with, then we left.

As I was desperate for food and couldn't handle another disappointing takeaway I dropped DS off with my mum so that I could go food shopping. This did mean extra fuel as she lives about 20 miles away from me but at least now I am able to stay in the house for a few days if we need to. I did take a list with me but didn't stick to it very well after a stressful morning. I think it ended up coming in at just under £50 which is coming from January's food budget. I am hoping that I won't need to do another big shop now for a couple of weeks.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Sounds like quite a rough morning. Sorry it didn’t go to plan.
    Hopefully he’ll start to feel better soon x

Starting afresh.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    They are apparently going to send me a voucher, I am usually disappointed with vouchers because they are usually for less than the original amount spent and it just means going back to the same place but I guess I can't complain too much, at least they are doing something.

I left the house today for the first time since Christmas, thought I would browse the shops as I had an appointment for a free beauty treatment. I ended up arriving at the store 5 minutes late because of the snow, there was nobody around anywhere near the area where my appointment was and then DS was sick all over me and himself. Ended up leaving the store before anyone bothered to notice I was there, went to clean us both up, one lovely lady went off to get us something better than toilet roll to clean ourselves up with, then we left.

As I was desperate for food and couldn't handle another disappointing takeaway I dropped DS off with my mum so that I could go food shopping. This did mean extra fuel as she lives about 20 miles away from me but at least now I am able to stay in the house for a few days if we need to. I did take a list with me but didn't stick to it very well after a stressful morning. I think it ended up coming in at just under £50 which is coming from January's food budget. I am hoping that I won't need to do another big shop now for a couple of weeks.

Oh dear, that didn't go as planned :(. I hope DS feels better soon. Glad you've got some food in now :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Poor thing has been sick every day since Monday but I thought he was getting better until that happened. I'm getting worried that he is going to become dehydrated, bought some rehydration stuff while I was shopping but he tried a bit and was sick straight after, will keep trying tonight and if he's no better by the morning then it will be a trip to the doctors I think. I do love all the cuddles I get when he's poorly but its really not helping on the revision front.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure