This Duo's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lovely email from my previous broadband provider today letting me know I have a credit of £16.46 sitting on my account. Should be in my account within the next 5-10 days.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • DrSpendLittle
    Options
    Cool! A couple of positives today for you. Always nice to see the fruits of our labour and have some windfall dosh!
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    That's a nice surprise. X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ah lovely news! All the work you've put in is really starting to pay off :beer:
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sent £200 over to my help to buy ISA which now stands at £4600! I'm so proud of myself for achieving this. Interest is paid in March which should be around the £140 mark (based on an online calculator), current government bonus will be £1150 when I am finally in a position to buy. If I compare my debt and my savings then I am only down by £667.42, factor in the value of my car then I could actually be in the black if I decided tomorrow to completely clear everything.

Wow that's brilliant DFD. You'll be debt free and in your own home before you know it :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Spendy day for me today as I needed food and fuel. Have stocked the freezer a little with meat and fish and bought a couple of things on offer that I will need to buy over the next few weeks. Total spends around £100. I have put all this onto my card aiming for the £10 cashback and have transferred this amount over to my savings account so that its there to pay in full.

In better news I have sold some things on eBay today, total of £25.30 with one more waiting to be paid. Still waiting on my last £5 to clear on PA which has been pending for 2 weeks! Whilst shopping I found a lovely thick shirt for DS reduced to £4, it will be too big for him yet but I'm almost stocked up on next years clothes for him, will just need a few summer bits for him.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Buying sale stuff for next season is great. I try and do this as much as possible. Sometimes you can get double the amount x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done DFD. How amazing for you that balanced out you're in the black!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Can't sleep tonight, lots of financial stuff going on in my mind although I don't really know why as I feel that I have everything under control. Finding myself wishing lots of time away when I know I need to enjoy the journey and take some valuable lessons from what I learn along the way.
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I suffer from an over active brain at night as well - my therapist told me to always have a note book on my bedside table to jot down anything I think of. Doesn't always work for me but it's the best thing I've found. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight :o
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport