IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Correct email for Lidl CEO??

Options
Sadsplace
Sadsplace Posts: 14 Forumite
edited 11 September 2018 at 11:47AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Lidl has asked that any emails relating to the query below be sent to customerservices@lidl.co.uk.

Back to Sadsplace' original post...

----

Hi all,

I received a £100 PCN from "Euro Parking Services" while at Lidl last Friday and am following the "Newbie sticky" process and doing nothing yet apart from sending an email to the Lidl CEO "Christian Hartnagel".

I sent it yesterday but there are conflicting email addresses, I first sent it to {text removed by MSE Forum Team} which hasn't bounced back but I've not had a reply back yet.
Should I sit and wait or is there another email address I should be sending it to?

Thanks

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 September 2018 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Guess he has got fed up with complaints and now hides
    behind customerservices@lidl.co.uk
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Christian.haertnagel@lidl.co.uk, which hasn't bounced back but I've not had a reply back yet
    That's the correct spelling, your other was incorrectly spelled.

You only wrote yesterday, and you're expecting a reply by now? While this may be important to you, it's hardly likely to figure on the urgent agenda of the CEO of a massive retailing enterprise. And he's not going to deal with this personally, is he? His secretary will be passing it on to the appropriate person.

Did you enclose copies of your receipts or credit card/bank statements (past ones too to indicate loyal patronage)?

Are you sure that this was an exclusive Lidl site (as their standard parking company is Athena), or was it a multi-outlet site with a shared car park?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Sadsplace
    edited 1 November 2017 at 11:37PM
    Options
    It is a car park shared with Travelodge, perhaps I should be writing to them too maybe?

I agree it is probably way too soon for a reply, as you say it is important and urgent to me but not to them.
  • Sadsplace
    edited 1 November 2017 at 11:38PM
    Options
    I just had this reply from Lidl, I guess I just wait now and see if I get a letter...?

Dear Mr

Re: Parking Charge in our Store Lower Street, ST5 2RS Newcastle under Lyme
    Thank you for contacting our CEO. I am responding on his behalf.
    I am sorry you have recieved a parking charge from Euro Parking Services whilst visiting one of our stores. I understand this must be upsetting for you. Unfortunately, as this car park is part of a retail park, we are unable to appeal this charge on your behalf. Additionally, this Car Park Management Company will only accept appeals directly from the owner of the vehicle.
    The most efficient way to appeal your parking charge is to do so with the Car Park Management company direct. Details of how to do this will be on the parking charge notice you have received.
    Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.
    Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Emma Cohen
    Customer Service Management

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
    [E] [email

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
    For more information visit our website
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Complain to the retail park. Easy to Google usually, find a newspaper article or advert for the place.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sadsplace
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Complain to the retail park. Easy to Google usually, find a newspaper article or advert for the place.

Thanks, I did have a quick search but there is only Lidl and Travelodge on the "retail park", no room for anything else, oh and their shared car park! I think they got the parking company in due to people parking there and walking into town.

I struggled to find anything but will have another look. Was wondering who actually got the parking company involved....
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    What's the location/postcode or name of the site?
  • Sadsplace
    Options
    Lidl's address is:
    Lower St, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Newcastle Under Lyme ST5 2RS.

I just found this but I don't think I'm allowed to post url's so change the dot co dot uk!

ukbusinessproperty dot co dot uk/news/travelodge-lidl-knock-out-aldi-in-newcastle-under-lyme-as-plans-get-green-light
  • Sadsplace
    Options
    I'm hitting the sack now so will catch up in the morning!
    Thanks for the help.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure