I will never be £16,676.84 in debt again

Options

Comments

• mrsonions
    Options
    Grrrr I just checked all my accounts to ensure the Barclays overpayment had gone through and the MBNA figure I gave in my OP was without the balance transfer charge that I did GRRRRR!

Never mind, at least I know where I stand and I'm still under the total in my title so onwards and downwards!

£4.20 spent on lunch - not ideal but won't happen again, honest! :D
  • mrsonions
    Options
    Big food shop done today so lunches for rest of week all sorted. :money:

Also picked up a couple of cheap presents for niece and nephew's birthday next month while in B&M.

Payday Friday! Can't wait! Looking forward to a new month of budgeting.
  • Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Good to feel positive doing something about it, isn't it! For me, I think the challenge will come maintaining it. I really must do it though!
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • mrsonions
    Options
    It does *tea* but why does it always feel like one step forward and two steps back :(

I hate life sometimes for costing money!
  • mrsonions
    Options
    Lunch from home today. A lovely warming moussaka with a side salad for extra veg and goodness.

Payday tomorrow - can't wait! Looking forward to a new budgeting month.

I went to the shops and tried on some trousers and a dress, it was only this diary that stopped me buying them! I do need to purchase some items for winter but they will be measured and controlled.
  • NineDeuce
    Options
    Bit of a bizarre post....
  • mrsonions
    Options
    Not sure what you mean, NineDeuce?

Payday today!

Am trying a new tactic this month - taking out £100 a week and using cash instead of spending on the card which can sometimes feel like it's not real money. That's for me, OH and toddler. Once that's taken out and all bills, food, etc has been paid for that should leave me with £500 - should being the operative word!
  • mrsonions
    Options
    Busy weekend with some spending - 50% planned and 50% unplanned.

I have been looking for some boots to wear to work for the autumn months - smart, black and low heel to commute on the tube in. I'm watching a few on ebay but I'm trying to hold out. I found some boots under the bed from last year that should see me through for a while.

I wish I could just buy what I want when I want! But I suppose that's what got me in this mess in the first place!

Lunch from home for work tomorrow. Chicken and salad - not great for this cold weather but beggars can't be choosers :(
  • mrsonions
    Options
    No work today so took the opportunity to have an NSD :money:. Meant me and the toddler spent too much time watching films but it's ok once in a while. We did have a break to make a cake which turned out lovely - using store cupboard ingredients, another :money::D

Listed 4 items on eBay which already have watchers and need to envirofone my old mobile - should get £100-200 for it so worth doing!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Is it worth posting an SOA to get some suggestions on cutting back or at least so you can set a budget?

Did you repay the Barclaycard from income or was it from a balance transfer? I presume you are tackling the other Barclaycard debt next?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure