IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ES Parking Enforcment Ltd Ticket face down charge notice

Options
meagainin
meagainin Posts: 58 Forumite
The driver use a car park where you have to input your car reg to get a ticket which you then display in your window.

I've recently received a charge notice because the a valid pay and display ticket was not displayed..
EDIT Photo's shown when I was trying to appeal the decision show a number of tickets on my dashboard, most the right way up with one flipped, which isn't the ticket in question. Looks like the ticket for the day had been dislodged from the dashboard at some point.

The letter states that the reason for issue is: Ticket face down -Did not pay and display a pre paid voucher or place it on view.

The driver has still got the pay and display ticket which shows they'd paid the valid fee for the time the charge notice relates to. I've never had a parking charge notice before and I'm not sure what to do next. Am I liable for this charge? Is there any point appealing?

ES Parking are members of BPA according to their letter.

Link to Claimant's witness statement and evidence
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wugtxqy8wjpz46w/redacted1.pdf?dl=0

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Read up now on the game you are caught up in

All advice is there on how and when to appeal this

(ES Parking are IPC members)
  • meagainin
    Options
    Apologies for being thick but I have already done that and confused myself even more.

Nope the letter definitely says they're part of BPA.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they are members of the BPA "drinking club"
    but use the IPC as there trade body for appeals
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • meagainin
    Options
    Right, I've calmed down a bit and reread the sticky.

I take it that I need to use the IPC appeal letter and then wait and see what happens next. I'm going to include a copy of the ticket to show payment was made.

Does anyone know whether this parking charge cmpany are litigious?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    First accept that appeals are futile to IAS companies as set out in the newbies FAQ

But send the letter in the FAQ if you want

They have 6 years to start legal action against you so whatever their current claims record is won't necessarily be their approach over the next 6 yeard

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving.

Be careful not to reveal who was driving if you alter the FAQ letter
  • meagainin
    Options
    Yeah I expect them to reject the appeal but god loves a trier.:)
    Been trying to edit but wouldn't let me from my phone. Sorted now though.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They have tried quite a few. Every one we've helped with has seen them off.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/E_S_Parking_Enforcement.html

These are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, so a well developed defence should not only see them off, but result in a defendant having the opportunity to claim some nice costs from them.

But no need to be either worried, or too anxious to try to shift this forward quickly. See what transpires.

Main message - stay calm, [STRIKE]eat cake[/STRIKE] read threads. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    meagainin wrote: »

Odd question when the NEWBIES FAQ thread tells you how to search and find that data.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • meagainin
    Options
    Only odd because you don't know me, I am the master of asking stupid questions when I'm in a flap:)

I need to stop flapping and read the FAQ's again as I missed that bit completely.
  • meagainin
    meagainin Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I've missed my chance to appeal!

I'd had a bit of trouble trying to reduce the photo of the ticket to fit the size allowed on the appeal website and when I finally sorted it out, the site said I'd gone past the 21 days.

The charge relates to 1/9, the charge letter was produced on 11/9and I received the notice on 15/9.

The appeal section says the 21 days began 'on the day after that on which the notice is given'
    Are they saying that the 21 days started the day after the 1/09 and therefore only giving me as the keeper 8 days to lodge an appeal?

Have I stuffed things up by not getting the appeal in?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure