Options

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 10 July 2019 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    As Badger has said, if you're really from Duff & Phelps and are writing on their behalf you need permission to post on this forum - as do all company reps.

Otherwise how does anyone know you're not a shill for NPD trying to get info?

Or just someone being mischievous?

You thanked Badger for pointing this out but you don't seem to have done anything about it - you simply carried on posting.

I think {Edited by Forum Team}has now sought requisite MSE authority.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 July 2019 at 8:49AM
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I think {Edited by Forum Team} has now sought requisite MSE authority.

I hope he has - but it doesn't yet show in his posts so hasn't actually happened yet.

And he didn't bother to wait for it before his second (somewhat unnecessary) post yesterday despite being told beforehand that he should.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,697 Forumite
    Options
    Very bizarre bit of thread editing by MSE team - no explanation either, as usual. Come on MSE, you can do better than this!!!

From my point of view, as someone merely posting links to legitimate newspaper reporting on this issue, I'm particularly bemused by the editing.

This has including deleting most of the links to the news articles in The Guardian (why? they're easily available, and useful).

But not all (they left the link to the video report and, even more bizarrely, NPD's response to it in one of my posts, though deleting the links to the actual story (why? the story is still there in the video report, and why just leave the response link in?).

It's this post https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5710736&page=5#87 if you want to find it.

MSE forum team - you could surely give some explanation please? And you should surely, at least, be consistent - why delete the links to the news story but not to the same news story on video? It seems almost amateurish - but maybe there is an explanation? I'd love to hear why a video report is allowed but a webpage report isn't.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It would be useful if MSE could tell us what the policy is. It's hard not to fall foul of secret and seemingly arbitrary rules.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    It would be useful if MSE could tell us what the policy is. It's hard not to fall foul of secret and seemingly arbitrary rules.

Agreed
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Very bizarre bit of thread editing by MSE team - no explanation either, as usual. Come on MSE, you can do better than this!!!

From my point of view, as someone merely posting links to legitimate newspaper reporting on this issue, I'm particularly bemused by the editing.

This has including deleting most of the links to the news articles in The Guardian (why? they're easily available, and useful).

But not all (they left the link to the video report and, even more bizarrely, NPD's response to it in one of my posts, though deleting the links to the actual story (why? the story is still there in the video report, and why just leave the response link in?).

It's this post https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5710736&page=5#87 if you want to find it.

MSE forum team - you could surely give some explanation please? And you should surely, at least, be consistent - why delete the links to the news story but not to the same news story on video? It seems almost amateurish - but maybe there is an explanation? I'd love to hear why a video report is allowed but a webpage report isn't.

Sadly, I don't think MSE will ever explain why they arbitrarily remove threads or delete/edit posts.

Might have something to do with the poster who purported to speak on behalf of Duff & Phelps, whose posts and name have now been deleted.

But they missed this one in what is currently post 100;)
    badger09 wrote: »
    @ RichardMerrin

You need MSE's permission to post as a company representative

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/#companies
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,461 Forumite
    Options
    It's almost as if the forum team are a bunch of jumped-up little {Edited by Forum Team} who don't know their {Edited by Forum Team} from their {Edited by Forum Team} ;)
  • Olly_Smith
    Olly_Smith Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 July 2019 at 9:05AM
    Options
    Hi, first time posting but, with the news now being reported daily on this company, I wondered if there would be any legal recourse against agents that were promoting the options from Mr Woodhouse's group of companies? I was bombard with mailers from a company in Poole and had several direct emails from one of their employees Cheri, I had a email initially offering me investment in Care Homes from the Company MBi, over the course of several months I noticed the same returns being offered by NPD, also for care homes and hotel rooms, I enquired off the back of one of the mailers and invested,foolishly, in the Park resort, Ifran Valley, which looked the best option and was assured, by the above agent, that this would be the better long term investment. I have tried to contact the agent but, have had no joy and I know have noticed she has changed her name on Facebook saying she is worried about contact on there, as its a personal page I don't want to encroach on her privacy but, at the same, I want some help and answers.
    has anyone else got anywhere with the selling agents at all?
  • ashpan
    ashpan Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Olly_Smith wrote: »
    Hi, first time posting but, with the news now being reported daily on this company, I wondered if there would be any legal recourse against agents that were promoting the options from Mr Woodhouse's group of companies? I was bombard with mailers from a company in Poole and had several direct emails from one of their employees Cheri, I had a email initially offering me investment in Care Homes from the Company MBi, over the course of several months I noticed the same returns being offered by NBPD, also for care homes and hotel rooms, I enquired off the back of one of the mailers and invested,foolishly, in the Park resort, Ifran Valley, which looked the best option and was assured, by the above agent, that this would be the better long term investment. I have tried to contact the agent but, have had no joy and I know have noticed she has changed her name on Facebook saying she is worried about contact on there, as its a personal page I don't want to encroach on her privacy but, at the same, I want some help and answers.
    has anyone else got anywhere with the selling agents at all?
    i really hope you get some money back, ive now been told that im an 'assured investor' but have no idea what this means - still waiting to hear from the administrators and eagerly awaiting the companies 'representatives' returning to court in august but not holding my breath!
  • Olly_Smith
    Olly_Smith Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 July 2019 at 9:05AM
    Options
    ashpan wrote: »
    i really hope you get some money back, ive now been told that im an 'assured investor' but have no idea what this means - still waiting to hear from the administrators and eagerly awaiting the companies 'representatives' returning to court in august but not holding my breath!

Similarly not holding my breath either, I hope you get some of your funds back as well, I was told something similar to you, no idea what it all means, the agent that sold me the investment have since removed their advertising on all NPD products, but they are all showing in their news stories, seems very strange, almost like they are trying to cover it all up, they wont call me back when I leave messages and nor replying to emails.

Did you purchase from an agent yourself?
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,975 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Olly_Smith wrote: »
    Hi, first time posting but, with the news now being reported daily on this company, I wondered if there would be any legal recourse against agents that were promoting the options from Mr Woodhouse's group of companies?

Were they FCA registered?

The answer to your question is yes, but the question is not whether you can sue them but whether you are likely to recover any money. If they are not FCA registered there is a strong chance you would be throwing good money after bad.
    as its a personal page I don't want to encroach on her privacy but, at the same, I want some help and answers.
    Probably best to avoid that avenue. If you are lucky she will just block you. If you are unlucky she will accuse you of harrassment. Wise man say attack is the best form of defence.

You aren't going to get any help or answers out of them, just further attempts to scam you if anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure