PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Bought a house, Really regret doing it.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You seem to have missed the part of the sentence that said "if they thought it would alleviate this", as that invalidates everything you have said.

I have spent most of this thread, including the post you quoted, trying to make the point that you expressed as though it was in disagreement with me. I really don't know what to say to you.

Lets agree to disagree. My point was simply, simply to accept what the other says because their suicidal is unwise. How would they know if it would 'alleviate' both could be affected emotionally and not be thinking straight.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 September 2017 at 8:36AM
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Lets agree to disagree. My point was simply, simply to accept what the other says because their suicidal is unwise. How would they know if it would 'alleviate' both could be affected emotionally and not be thinking straight.

No, let's not. The qualifications around my statement were exactly the things you tried to argue against it with. It doesn't matter how they would know, the point was made on the assumption that they believed that, however they got there. Speaking to doctors would be the obvious way. That clearly doesn't mean "simply to accept what the other says". You just hadn't read it properly, so no, I don't agree to disagree. You were implying I said something I never said.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    I guess you're right.... if you judge the level of civilisation on size of carbon footprint. Though most people see a greater level of civilisation as equating to greater carbon footprint.

People living in the country tend to consider civilised as knowing who your neighbour's neighbour is, being able to trust people, not having problems like them parking in 'your spot', having community events, looking out for the elderly and vulnerable and noticing if their curtains haven't been drawn for a couple of days, the kids being able to walk to the shop on their own, calling the police if someone suspicious is in your neighbour's garden, being able to leave something in your garden without it being stolen, not constantly worrying if all your doors and windows are locked.

But everyone has their own opinions of course. :)

Plenty of people in cities do all these things every day IMO, that they don`t is just a myth to make the country seem more appealing, manufactured by people that live in the country.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure