PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    atb I feel a bit flat this morning too, must be something in the air! Hope the day gets better x

Wendy oh my word!!! They are so naive arent they!!!??? I wonder if she really understands what it means to be a guarantor. And yeah funny isnt it, we laughed when we heard that DS2 had been helping his girlfriends Dad with a DIY project - he would never do that at home.

So have just put the washing out and it's started raining again but it can stay out (DS and DHs work stuff). Doggie blankets are in the wash but I always td them which I know is not very MSE but it gets the hairs off!

Going to do my finances next and potter.

Ooh Jazee I forgot to say happy holidays, Nidderdale is lovely although I suspect you might get some dramatic showers over the weekend. Enjoy x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope that those of you feeling a little flat this morning feel a bit bulkier later.

I was up at 6.30 with the dogs, walked a couple of miles towards Scar reservoir, the scenery was food for the soul, and then came back to present opening and cooked breakfast. Flying wise I have washed up as the dishwasher drives me mad. It's why I no longer have one at home.

Off out soon, more surprises for DD and dinner out this evening.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Morning, all.

Stumbled my way through Friday at work. Why is it that I can talk to other people's teenagers perfectly easily, they like me and will ask for (and accept) suggestions for understanding/negotiating the world around them/dealing with people/parents/siblings - but my own detests me because I'm not an aggressive arzehole with loads of money like her father?

Anyhow, sidled off 30 mins early to get to the hospital appointment. Found out whilst I was there that I'd been referred under the Urgent Suspected Cancer protocol for the lump on my neck. Which was 'interesting' :cool: - but I was only told this after he'd scanned all the way up and down my neck and ignored the big signs saying that staff do not give any assessment or statement regarding what they see - and told me that everything was perfectly normal. Which was nice.

Himself put me in a foul mood when I got back because he hadn't bought any food for dinner, so I went to bed early and fell asleep until about 6.30 this morning. Although not having eaten all day either probably didn't help much. And there's still no food in the house, as he didn't take my rather obvious hint (asking !!!!!! I'm supposed to do for food) and go and get anything once I skulked off upstairs. I'm so hungry now, the Idiot Cat is beginning to look potentially tasty. And he's just the right size to fit into the SC.

[grumble, grumble, moan, moan...]
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The one morning I can have a lie in this week and at 5.37 am ..ping! wide awake. I refused to get up, snuggled down under the duvet and followed my mind through all sorts of tangents while it avoided further sleep.... 'til 8.50am :eek: I keep telling myself that I should get up and get on when I wake up (too)early but it doesn't happen :o.

When I finally did get up I got washed, dressed, made the beds, opened windows upstairs, emptied the bin in DS's bedroom and cleared his floordrobe. DS stayed overnight in Hull so I took the opportunity to open his bedroom curtains and window and grab any dirty laundry before coming downstairs. Once down I sorted the washing and put the first load in BEFORE I had a cuppa.

This week the plan was to get in to the habit of at least doing the dailies daily while I was just working mornings, so that it would come easier next week when I'm back to full time paid work and I wouldn't then have to spend all weekends catching up on what should have been done daily. The weekends would then have given me time for more MADs and other flying. It didn't happen :(. I can't undo that - but I can get on top of the dailies as much as possible today (do a bit/ sit a bit tends to work for me - teeny tiny baby steps are better than no steps at all) as tomorrow I'll be going round to my parents' house and sitting with Mum from 8am til 7pm (ish) to give Dad a break. He goes off with DS kart racing (DS races, Granddad mechanics - he's amazing for 82 years old!) and he can forget 'home' knowing that I'm there.

Mr Google says it's going to rain here from 11am til 5pm today so washing will have to be dried indoors. That's a shame - I love hanging out washing. But, do you know? no-one has told NN that you're supposed to use matching pegs on items of clothing hung on the line :eek: I have tried not doing so, but it just doesn't look right. (and tongue is firmly in cheek regarding NN, I do know it's just one of my foibles :wink: )

I hope the sun is shining where you are.

Rx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    We're home. Got absolutely drenched today when we stopped at a NT property for a late lunch for us and a walk for Rosie. Fortunately I have discovered that, although she hates the big towel, Rosie will allow me to dry her with a small microfibre cloth, which proved quite efficient, so the soft bed she has in her travelling crate didn't get soaking wet too.
    It could be that she simply finds the big towel intimidating; I'd stick with microfibre cloths for her if it means a dry and happy dog. :o
    Been feeling flat and sad again, woke up feeling like something was sat on me this morning, I really hope it passes as it's not like me.
    *Hauls BD off of ATB and throws large stick a long way for it.*
    If it's any consolation, I too had something sat on me this morning - but in my case it was a very heavy brindled-and-white dog. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

Dinner done
    Work done
    Cat fed
    Daily stuff done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today has been spent the day taking ds1 back to uni with his belonging, meeting a old friend and daughter for a cuppa as she is studying in the same city. Ds1 came back with me although when my satnav took me past the cinema which his gf was visiting he decided to join her. Traffic wasn't good but we made it safely.

Flying: I wiped a few student work surfaces and hung their bathmat up to dry.i may wash up before bed or I may wake the snoring sofa up to do it.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok today.

I seem to be avoiding the showers so far. Have already done a short dog walk, it's pouring down now.

Flying wise, I've cleaned up a wet patch that was greeting me when I woke up. Don't know which of the mutts did it as they both acted guilty, but they could have chosen the hard floor instead of the carpet.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Took DD's stuff which wouldn't fit into her car to Uni. Have three loads on line; 4th spinning now. DW run. Sink filled with water; kettle boiled to add hot.
    Plan to get the house looking less grim today. First job, after breakfast, will be the rabbit hutch though, as I like it to air dry.

Any particular requests for this week's lists?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Just been catching up on the past couple of days on the Fred, as Friday was its usual busy self (work wasn't actually busy which was frustrating, but it still meant all day out of the house).

We had a family day out yesterday which meant leaving super early for a Saturday. DD is recovering this morning by not getting up! When it got back, none of us was really hungry so we flopped, then the evening was spent with a bag of popcorn, watching Thor fling his hammer around. Worse sights to cross my path ;)

DW and WM now running, and some ironing needs to be demolished. I need to get some of the food in the fridge turned into something edible and into the meal plan for the week. DH is out at FiL all day, and tbh all I really want to do is slob on the settee in front of a cheesy film.

Oh and my guilty confession...On our day out, I bought some more spices which [STRIKE]might just be surplus to requirements [/STRIKE]are desperately needed. The Valli Super Spice Cupboard Spreadsheet needs a revamp...:o

Jazee - Glad you're having a lovely weekend away :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport