Daughter....found morning after pill, disappointed. Advice.

Options

Comments

• iammumtoone
    Options
    You may have innocently found the pills whether you did or didn't is irrelevant. What matters is what your daughter will believe/think happened if it was innocent or you snooped.

My guess is most 19 years old will go for the snooping thought, it will take her a long time to get over that if you decide to question her.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    The prescribing clinician will have checked if she was still in the 72 hour window. There's no point you asking the same question. Also, unless she has been in your sight every moment since she has been back, you don't know when she last had sex.

Trying to talk to her will cause more harm than good. If she needs to talk to you then she knows where you are.
  • alittleworried
    alittleworried Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2017 at 11:15PM
    Options
    Thanks again iamumtoone, I know because the label was on the box. Her full name wasn't written in full so I think she got it under the minor ailment scheme Scotland.
  • alittleworried
    Options
    Iamwales, it was the pill for up to 5 days not the 72 hour one.

She nearly has been in my sight except one day at college.
  • alittleworried
    Options
    The bag was wide open, I wasn't snooping it fell over. I was and still am shocked. I wouldn't snoop at any my children/adults stuff not me at all.
  • IAmWales
    Options
    Iamwales, it was the pill for up to 5 days not the 72 hour one.

She nearly has been in my sight except one day at college.

Then she has more than likely got it whilst she was still in the appropriate timescale. She would not have been given it if she was outside that period.

And she wouldn't be the first young adult to skip college for a quickie!

What good do you think talking to her will do?
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    You found it where you shouldn't have been looking, so say nothing. It's her life and as you say, she's an adult. and therefore entitled to a private life, even if she lives with you. You may not completely destroy your relationship with her if you present your evidence, but you do run a very high risk of destroying any trust she has.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not insinuating anything. I'm telling you the conclusion I would have jumped to in your daughter's position - which given what you've said about her recent attitude could well be the conclusion she also jumps to.
    My mother, like you, wanted the best for me and wanted to be supportive. At age 19 I was busy trying to develop my independence and thought she was just interfering. I'm suggesting you consider whether trying to get the answers you want is worth the potential damage to your relationship if she goes off on one and tells you to mind your own.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • alittleworried
    Options
    She wouldn't skip the first day back, that's for sure. I just know something happened at that festival.
  • IAmWales
    Options
    She wouldn't skip the first day back, that's for sure. I just know something happened at that festival.

Do you? You're assuming an awful lot and you don't really know anything.

Put it out of your mind. It is none of your business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure