Boots Weekly Star Gift Thread

Options

Comments

• bigbargainaddict
    Options
    Nice to see all the decent folk scraping a profit from others on ebay this morning - don't fall for it people, S&G sets are available from Boots!
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    Nice to see all the decent folk scraping a profit from others on ebay this morning - don't fall for it people, S&G sets are available from Boots!

If the asking price on ebay is £50 for example, after ebay & paypal fees are paid it will leave the seller with £43.10. Less the £30 they paid for the item = £13.10. What they don't realise is that due to the size and weight of the box it might cost them £14.75 to post it 2nd class signed for. They may get a shock when they take it to the post office...... Out of pocket!!!! I shouldn't laugh :rotfl:
  • Elena1011
    Options
    Thats probably why they charge £50 for it on ebay. Once all the fee's are taken, then P&P, it works out the same price as what they paid in the shop, but atleast people who wasnt able to get it, are able to get it, and still cheaper than when it goes back into Boots at full price, and that person on ebay get a positive feedback score for helping out :beer:
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Elena1011 wrote: »
    but atleast people who wasnt able to get it, are able to get it

But it's still available online, and even if you pay for delivery, it's cheaper than ebay!
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But it's still available online, and even if you pay for delivery, it's cheaper than ebay!

And if the past two years are anything to go by they will still be available in the Boxing Day sale:rotfl:
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    And if the past two years are anything to go by they will still be available in the Boxing Day sale:rotfl:

They were still available in the January 70% off sale because I bought one for £18.
  • Elena1011
    Options

Yes now its still available online, but probably by tonight, or tomorrow, they will run out of stock. Then they will get stock back in when it goes back up to the full price in Boots. So it works out cheaper for people to buy it from ebay for £50, than to buy it from Boots for £60, when they're stock goes and its back up to full price when it finishes as star gift.
  • Elena1011
    Options
    By that logic you should be annoyed with Boots and every other retailer in the country for making a profit, after all Boots did have a Jack Wills rucksack for sale for £50 and then was able to reduce it to £25 no problem, and im sure Boots was still making a profit. Boots even reduced the Jack Wills bag further to £20 when it was not the star gift, how much profit does a company want on one item?

As the calculations show from another poster, people on ebay aren't actually making a profit selling the S&G set for £50 on ebay, but im sure Booots are making a big fat profit selling it for £30 ;-)
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Elena1011 wrote: »
    Yes now its still available online, but probably by tonight, or tomorrow, they will run out of stock. Then they will get stock back in when it goes back up to the full price in Boots. So it works out cheaper for people to buy it from ebay for £50, than to buy it from Boots for £60, when they're stock goes and its back up to full price when it finishes as star gift.

For the last two years it hasn’t sold out instores round where I live, not sure about online, and can not see it happening this year either.

As for those on eBay not making a profit I can guarantee they will be making a profit if they manage to sell at the current listed prices as if they aren’t why would they bother doing it?
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Elena1011
    Elena1011 Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2017 at 3:00AM
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    For the last two years it hasn’t sold out instores round where I live, not sure about online, and can not see it happening this year either.

As for those on eBay not making a profit I can guarantee they will be making a profit if they manage to sell at the current listed prices as if they aren’t why would they bother doing it?

It always sells out online, but not in all of the shops. Rural shops it usually sells out, and stock goes back into Boots at the full price, if it does go back into stock. Some people are busy with other things or forget to keep an eye out for when the S&G set goes to half price online, then a week later when they start thinking about their Christmas shopping, its at full price in Boots again. So, technically it is cheaper to buy it on ebay for £50 when Boots is selling it for £60. As for not making a profit, last year i sold items around Christmas time for non profit so people could get things that sold out quickly online as there was stock in my local shops. I even had in my listing im selling the item for non profit, and if they calculated all the fees i paid they would see i was not making a profit, but people would still try to offer the shop price and expect me to go out of pocket for doing them a favour. I didnt even included my expenses like packaging and travel. This year im not doing that, and whatever i sell, i hope to make a profit, as people always automatically assume someones making a profit if its more expensive than the shop price when it was on offer. People dont take into consideration the 13.4%+20p in fees PayPal & eBay take from the total including the postage, and then there's packaging and travel on top. And when you go to the Post Office the item always costs more than what you anticipated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure