Forum Home» Going Out Deals

How much is a pint in your local? - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

How much is a pint in your local?

edited 25 September 2017 at 11:16AM in Going Out Deals
97 replies 43.1K views

Replies

• £5 and over - No way, you have to be joking - let us know where you live!
    £5.50 for a pint of Moretti & even £6.40 for a nice pale ale.

Central London living
    Save £12k in 2020 = £4,074.62/£15,000 (27.2%) #89
    Save £12k in 2019 = £13,580.52/£15,000 (90.5%) #92
    Save £12k in 2018 = £17,189.12/£15,000 (115%) #36
  • zaaxzaax Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    £3 to £4
    As the price goes up the less I drink in a pub. Used to be 6 to 7 pints, now it 3-4.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • ChrishazleChrishazle Forumite
    594 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    £3 to £4
    Pubs local to me fit the £3-4 range at the moment - but only just, and it's cask bitter, guiness and lagers are more expensive. I do know one fairly local pub that is somewhat cheaper, but it's a free house rather than a tied (Enterprise Inns etc) or managed (Shepard Neame etc) pub. About 6 months ago I was in a Sheps pub near Goudhurst where the sptfire bitter was £4 compared (at the time) to £3.60 nearer home - but even nearer home now is £3.80-90. The odd one out are Marstons Inns, where the bitter is not much over £3/pint (and the food is good value too).
  • maxmycardagainmaxmycardagain Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    3s 6d

Pint of Worthington Pale ale
    Dont worry, be happy
  • maxmycardagainmaxmycardagain Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaax wrote: »
    As the price goes up the less I drink in a pub. Used to be 6 to 7 pints, now it 3-4.

is that in a month?
    Dont worry, be happy
  • zagubovzagubov Forumite
    17.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think them prices are high..just check out the prices in the Albert on Eastenders.

Amazing that they can afford to drink in there...:beer:

Yeah but they'v all got good incomes; nobody makes a breakfast at home- they're always down the caff. Or taking their laundry down the laundrette or shopping at stalls instead of shops.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • £1 to £2
    Wetherspoons is one of my locals and i pay £1.99 a pint there. Other pubs in town tend to be between £2.60-£3.20
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started drinking (in 1980) - a pnt of scrumpy used to cost me 7p in the NAAFI !!
    Things may (or may not) get better
  • bolistonboliston Forumite
    3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pepper77 wrote: »

I drink in a pub most nights I wouldnt dream of drinking at home.....

That must cost a fortune! My budget is normally a single bottle of real ale per night max which costs 1.50-1.80

If I had a local micropub I would probably visit occasionally but it would be for the quality of the beer and certainly NOT for darts, pool, live tv or quizzes!
  • About four bloody quid! if my husband and I want to go out we need a second mortgage :rotfl: Not only that, the last time we went out my glass of rose cost £7!!! AND I knocked it over :(