Not allowed Sky Broadband

Options

Comments

• Matt_L
    Matt_L Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Still waiting to hear back from the site manager, also Virgin have said they will send an engineer out to check. What we did notice was that at the end of our new drive there is one of those green boxes that they all (virgin bt sky) seem to work on.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2017 at 11:18AM
    Options
    If you can take a picture and upload it I'll tell you whether it's a BT or Virgin cabinet.

If you were to have Virgin available, expect to see green ducting appear out of the ground near your house. Openreach ducting is grey.
  • Matt_L
    Options
    I shall take a photo later Lee
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Matt_L
    Options
    Heres the green cabinet Lee, can't see any ducting ours is the brick house behind it..

IMG_3481_zpsgb30pzeu.jpg
  • Matt_L
    Options
    Not sure why i can't post the photo,,
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Matt_L wrote: »
    Not sure why i can't post the photo,,
    Perhaps related to this?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72764961
  • Matt_L
    Options
    Try this then..

jqq5cm.jpg
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks to be Virgin.

Openreach don't use cabs that large.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 September 2017 at 8:38AM
    Options
    A chat with the site manager may be interesting, Its possible,especially where Virgin Media infrastructure is being installed before the roads and footpaths are adopted by the council ( in other words VM are installing their kit with the builders permission/agreement ) that the builder/developer has done an exlusive deal with VM and the only provider available will be VM as all others ( Openreach) are effectively locked out from site until the builder passes the responsibility for the maintenance of the roads and footpaths to the local authority , up to the point of adoption the site is private property (of the builder/developer ) and obviously they can choose who to allow on site, it may be of course that both VM and OR will be available from the onset, but it could also explain why the address is a 'problem' for communication providers that use OR as a supplier
  • Matt_L
    Options
    It will be Monday now when we get to speak to the site manager, we move in Monday..

Virgin Media are very big here, they have their HQ and a huge plant....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure